Day of the Dead exchange


Day of the Dead exchange, originally uploaded by emily999.

After much sweat and tears (well, no tears but close to them...having a 3 and 4 year old will do that to you), I got the Day of the Dead swap mailed out! I stayed up till 2 am last night, stuffing, stamping and sealing envelops. I felt a little like an elf in Santa's workshop...or rather Jack Skeleton's Nightmare Before Christmas shop...Let me just say, I love, love, love all the work.

I am also lucky as I got to do first pick on what I liked best. I must say it was fun getting 12 packages in the mail...hehehe (a secret feeling of wishing I'd get mail as a kid is fully satisfied). And I liked mailing them too...

I want to frame everyone's piece or put it together with my other pieces from other swaps. I will have to have a seperate post on the work...

Anyway, this pic is of my intrepretation of Day of the Dead. I hope people like them as well.

I'm also grateful that blogger is up again, the gals are tired of Sesame Street video games and I can write this (though I'm not spell checking...yikes) post.

I have lots of other things I want to write about but they will have to wait. This week I'm off tutoring but it seems like I have more stuff than usual to do...doctors appointments, Halloween (trick or treat....we do it early...I really don't know why, however), a dinner at Jon's work, I've got two illustrations to send to a potential client and I have to finish a illo for a great kid's on-line mag, dragonflyspirit.com.

So, all in all a busy week. Plus, it started snowing today! I'm a little amazed and grateful that my mom-in-law got the gals their winter coats. It's cold out there! Now, I'll have to look for attachable non-slips for my shoes as I've been loving our walks on various trails and am not going to give them up because of the weather.

I have to write about our recent find of turkey tails and the wreaths I've been making using a few of them. Oh, and I have to finish the gals costumes...if it's not snowing we'll go out. Otherwise, we'll stay in and watch Nightmare before Christmas, eat popcorn and dance to Monster Mash.

Comments

Popular Posts