Thursday, September 21, 2006

Peace Day...walking...

Today is also International Peace day...I had a lot of plans but none took root. I wanted to have my whole front yard filled with pinwheels for peace but I don't have one ready...actually, I have two in the garden, wish I had more. Then I did a last minute vigil attempt but everyone is too busy. So, I will do one tonight with my family.

I've been walking a lot more lately. The weather has been good and even if it's not "good", I'm going to appreciate it for what it is. Sometimes I get hung up on the idea of perfect weather. I was kindly reminded while talking to a new friend that there are interesting and attractive elements even in foul weather. I had never thought of that before. It's funny when something true and brave sweeps in front of your face and you go ah, ha! That's how I felt...

I think I need to get some good walking shoes and hiking boots. This is another realization from walking. I have wonderful arch supports but I've been getting severe charlie horses in the bottom of my foot. Not fun, esp. at 5 in the morning...or any time, for that matter. Another exspense but well worth it.

I feel pretty well today and even though I could see my breath when I let Nelson outside, I think it's going to be a good day. I have a hang up about the sun, apparently.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sampson, our tuxedo cat, is clawing my leg and trying to nudge me into giving him moist cat food. Now, he's sitting on my knee & purring. He drools when he purrs. Oh, well. He's a super long cat and I think I may have to do a painting of him. Now, he's back to aggresive nudging...

Anyway, I need to do some work...planning on bringing in a few pieces to the local art gallery, Albert Michael's and I have to get some new stuff up to Stone soup as well. There's an artist reception tonight at 5...going to try to make it as Jon get's home at 6pm...

2 comments:

Eden said...

Just an FYI about the shoes: Birkenstock makes a hiking boot. Like all Birks, they're expensive bu the support is nice and the quality is excellent.

Where is the gallery?

Emily said...

Thanks for the info on the Birk/boots...I'll look into this though price is a factor. :)

The gallery is located at:

Albert Michaels Gallery & Gifts
230 Fourth Avenue Rear

They don't have a web site yet.

Sociable

Google+ Followers