Mushroom soup...

I recently came into a soup recipe that was shared by an on-line pal and made a few adaptations to it...I don't know if you'd even call this a mushroom soup after what I added but it tastes REALLY good and is just the thing for cold weather.

Emily's Fall Mushroom soup

Family pack of mushrooms (diced)
1 bell pepper (diced)
1 small eggplant (diced)
1 pack of chicken broth (or vegetable broth)
1 onion
5-6 garlic cloves, diced (I like a lot of garlic...)
Olive oil
Flour (1/2 cup, depending on how thick you want the soup)
Milk (or soy milk)

Brown the onions/garlic in pot with olive oil. Add the mushrooms and brown slightly. Add about 2 cups of water. Heat to bubbling and add all other ingredients. Add more water as needed. Add salt and pepper or Mrs. Dash to taste. I just pour some flour in the soup with the milk and mix. I know you can remove some of the broth and add flour to it to make the reux...depends on the time factor for me...

This is excellent with crackers or warm buttered toast. I just finished the last of the Em's Fall mushroom soup. I could see adding some red pepper for extra warmth (which would be good around late Fall) or adding chedder cheese sprinkled on the top. Hope you try this and enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts