6:19 am

Now, I'm up early. This always happens...if I get used to getting up early for some reason (kids, sick, etc), I'm up and about before the sun has risen. Which, when you think about it, isn't really a bad thing. Very Ben Franklin:

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy, and wise."

Of course, I'd change it slightly to make it woman:

"Early to bed and early to rise makes a woman healthy, wealthy, and wise" :) I've read a bit of Ben Franklin's writing...great philosophy for anyone, really.

Either way, I'm up and about, have slight laryngitis and am thinking about fences. We're going to put up a simple fence around the house but I'm contemplating an electric fence. It's a great idea really and I wouldn't have to worry about Nelson running off and getting hurt.

Seems like all the animals are up too...Kiwi and Sampson are playing on some chairs, Odie (the cockatiel) is watching as is Nelson and the rats are running about playing. Everyone seems pretty okay. The gals are asleep and were so good getting ready for bed...when I asked them to put away their toys, they did and we went up, brushed our teeth, got in our jammies and they went down. I'm guessing they're feeling better after having colds and their schedules are returning. Thank goodness. Plus, I noticed they both took short naps and it really seemed to change their dispositions towards the positive. Funny how a nap has that effect on them...and most people.

I just realized that both cats (the older ones are upstairs)are staring intensely at Odie. Kind of funny, actually. Odie has a look like, "I'm just preening, la de da"...very Tweedy bird-ish. I think he likes the attention...a little bit.

On another note, I found out I really like onion bagels. I hadn't bought them in awhile and I got some last week. A little cream cheese (I know I shouldn't) with a sprinkle of Mrs. Dash, delish!! Of course, you have to have a cup of coffee to go with it.

Did you know that bagels are made by dipping them into boiling water? That's how they get the shiny crust. I vaguely remember this from a Mr. Rodgers episode...

Today is a low stress day as I have a new potential art student. I'm debating whether to drop the girls off for early day care or afternoon...they are such attention hogs when I have my students over. I guess this is normal but for pity's sake! I just want to say, CALM DOWN and sedate them or something. But it's better to give them to grandma/pa.

I got an ingrown toenail removed but I have to back in 5 weeks to get the root killed. Quite dramatic sounding but not really. Even though my toe is slightly sore, it feels a thousand times better now that it's not cutting into my toe. What a relief. I actually like the medical center they just put in...very efficient, friendly and professional.

Looks like I had some good news at the local art gallery. Sold two ACEO paintings there! I was quite happy and surprised. Now, I want to run down there and bring more work in. I have a quite a few things I could show too. Plus, my mom's Kitty Dolls...I wonder how they'd do.


This won't come as a surprise to a lot of folks, but dogs are attention hogs and do get jealous. I didn't realize how emotional they get, but it's true. It might not be the same sort of emotions as humans but it's definitely an emotion for the dog. If someone had told me this before I got a dog, I would have said what anthropomorphizing! But now, I realize it's VERY true. I just have to touch a cat or even hold one of the gals and he's jealous or worried about his status. I know he has issues, poor guy, but it can be quite pathetic.



Nelson kind of acts like the Lion from the Wizard of Oz..."Let me at him, just let me at him..." He acts tough with the cats but is mildly afraid of their claws. He does bite, however, but doesn't break the skin (I know because he bit me on occasion).

Art wise, I've discoverd I really like using oil pastel on black construction paper. Very interesting effects and one can get so many different shading possibilites. I was doing a few last night and it was quite relaxing. I was going to share some pics but my batteries in the camera are down. Oh, well...next time.

Hope everyone has a good day! :)

Comments

Popular Posts