I'm tired.

I got up at 5:30 am because I was stressed about finances. Then after a half hour, I thought to my self, what's the point? What's the point in worrying? Things will work out. Finances are just fiances. It's not life or death. It's not the end of the world. For Goodness sakes, there are things like a massive oil spill in Lebanon, a war, and people in pain to worry about. So, I put that aside and I felt better.

Instead, I made Jon coffee. I know it's a small act but I do believe by doing small (or big) acts of kindness we lift our spirits and remove saddness.

I used to follow a lot of Alan Watts when I went to junior college. They had a pretty good tape selection at the City College and I'd borrow them. I don't remember a lot of what he said...mostly his calming voice, reactions from the audience and every now and then he'd touch on a subject that I would vaguely understand and felt to be true.

I started looking for some quotes of Watts and oddly found some extrememly meaningful and touching ones:

But at any rate, the point is that God is what nobody admits to being, and everybody really is.
Alan Watts

Another good one:
And the attitude of faith is the very opposite of clinging to belief, of holding on.

This one seems especially true for me...

If you go off into a far, far forest and get very quiet, you'll come to understand that you're connected with everything.
Alan Watts

Meditate for Peace. Pray for Peace.

White dove, flying in the wind,
Take my home under your wing!

German Language High School
Sofia, Bulgaria
United Nations Cyber School

Comments

Popular Posts