Protest in NYC

I was thinking about going to the protest in NY but for various reasons didn't. I'm extremely proud to see people out there for the world to see we are against the war.

I also realized that you don't have to go to another state to protest (though, it's definitely good to go if you can). You can protest in your own city. I hope the march stays nonviolent as, I believe, this is the way to engage people. This is also something I need to work on personally as I have a tendency to shoot my mouth off and hurt instead of help.

So, I'm proud to see my brothers and sisters marching today.

Defenceless under the night
Our world in stupor lies;
Yet, dotted everywhere,
Ironic points of light
Flash out wherever the Just
Exchange their messages:
May I, composed like them
Of Eros and of dust,
Beleaguered by the same
Negation and despair,
Show an affirming flame.

Auden

Comments

Popular Posts