February...

Valentines day is tomorrow! Wow! I can hardly believe it.

This year my eldest and I participated in a Valentines exchange. We've gotten half of our goodies. Lydia was thrilled with her ATC cards...Norrie felt a bit left out and we had to open one of her cards from grandma. The day before, auntie gave them Valentine Hello Kitty mushroom houses with a kitty doll. Very cute. Plus, we got chocolate. Jon actually remembered and got me a bouquet of flowers in a reusable coffee cup and a beautiful card. And last week they got a treasure trove from my mom...my girls are spoiled. Oh, I wouldn't want it any other way, honestly. ; )

I have a cold but it's actually a very nice day other wise...it would be better if I didn't have a runny nose. My art student came by and I was thrilled to know she actually likes to carve lino's to make prints. I feel so happy when I've expanded someone's horizon, I really am.

And another great thing...I just used left over chicken and have made a delicious soup! Finally! I can't tell you how many times I've tried to make impromptu soup and it comes out way too thick, over flavored and so peppery I had to throw it out. But I was very conservative with the Mrs. Dash this time and a slightly more liberal with the salt. Then I used hominy (two cans, a can of green beans, a cut up onion and frozen veggie mix). I let that cook a bit and it is wonderful! I added a few chunks of cheddar in my bowl...yummy! And if you've got lime add a squeeze of this for zest. I think, by the way, lime is my favorite additive for foods.

I feel good as well because I've finally added on to the rat cage and they have a rat mansion. I also got to go out to eat with Jon, just the two of us on Sunday. Very nice, relaxing time even if the table beside us had some rather uptight people complaining that young people drink too much and listen to god awful music. I'm sure they had a good time complaining...


~~~~~~~
I need to go and photograph/download all the goodies to share. Though I kind of hate it when people do that too much...makes me jealous! ; ) Sorry everyone!


And a lovely quote for the Day:

Love is the ultimate state, where compassion prevails and kindness rules.
~found on a Yogi Tea bag tab

Comments

Popular Posts