Winter snows and Artist reps...

It's cold outside and all is white. Though the leaves of Fall have passed and the grass lies beneath in dormant sleep, all is not at an end. Life still carries on. The rabbits play across blue mounds of ice, all that remains are their tracks. The house is warm and lived in. Icicles hang, natural decorations of the season. Piano lessons carry on, my kids drop ornaments for the sacrificial passage of a well decorated tree. Oh, well...

I'm still a bit sick but getting better. I think having take-out Chinese wasn't a good idea...even though it sure tasted good. Jon and I started to think about restaurants we used to visit in Alhambra, California. There was one called "The Happy Family restaurant". Isn't that a great name? We loved it. They served traditional Buddhist Chinese food...All vegetarian. My favorite was an eggplant fried with cilantro. Oh, that was good. I'm still trying to find a similar recipe. If anyone knows of something like this, please share.

In other news, I'm searching for an artist representative. I've had five rejections and counting. But in the midst of it all, I've gotten some good advice from the rejections and from fellow artists, so all is not lost. Keep on truckin' as the saying goes. If there's one thing I am, I don't give up. I might take a break, but I don't give up.

If there are any suggestions for what my style would fit in regards to representatives, I'd definitely appreciate suggestions.

I'm going to borrow "White Christmas" from my sis-in-law...I need to hear that lovely song about snow, etc. It's an interesting movie esp. now that we are in the midst of so much tragedy and sorrows with the current war raging on. My thoughts are with the troops and the families. Good news is my cousin, who joined the Marines about a year ago, isn't going to be sent to Iraq. At least not yet. I hope he stays safe.

Comments

kath red said…
Hi Emily,
thank you for your thoughtful comment on my blog yesterday.

good luck with finding an rep (do you mean agent?) we could sure all use one of those.
merry christmas
Emily said…
Thanks, Kath...and yes, I'm looking for an agent, too. : )

Popular Posts