Monday...

It's cold outside and snowy. Jon is taking the black car w/child seats. I could use the green one but I don't like it because it's smaller and cramming everyone in is a pain...Though it does have a radio. Still, I like my big ol black SUV. I love it because it's my first official car. I got it used from my sis. She got it used before that. I have to say it's a very long standing car. It's pretty good on mileage and is used like a truck (we've hauled our green car when we moved cross country with it) and totted bales of hay and lots of junk. Very practical and I like how it's got dings and looks rough. I would like to eventually get it painted up again and fix a few cosmetics here and there. Otherwise, it's well used, paid for and sturdy.

So, I'm house bound. I've been quilting, thinking of stuff for loobylu's December softie, making a puppet (marionette) for a puppet show we're going to be putting on in February and moaning about getting 48 cookies done by Friday for a Holiday party. Maybe I should just buy them. hehehe I guess that's cheating and people, heck, I'd know if they were store bought. Oh, well.

I'm trying to practice something I learned at Church on Sunday. That is not looking at the news...that much. I can't help glancing at the titles on yahoo news;it's always there. However, I will not read the posts/message boards even if I have some witty comments. It's killing me though!

I've already given up TV and I know I was stressing from news on the internet. I'd start yelling or get snappish because I felt so sad about things in the world. I still do feel badly. But I will try to create art that deals with the world through reflection.

So, I've been sewing more and making quilted curtains for the windows. They came out rather nicely. Until we get new windows in January, these will do. Apparently, you can get a tax credit for new windows come January. Exciting! So, we have plans for this.

Lydia and Norrie have odd rashes from dry heat, apparently. This is stressful too esp. as Norrie's got a bit bloody. My nephew has eczema . Now, I know what my sis has been dealing with. Awful.

I feel sad that Jon has these stinky new hours. Every 2 months he has to work 3-11pm and every six months he has to work 8-5 am. Sure, it's less stress work wise, but it's stinky. It makes me feel like I'm a single mom and hardly anything gets done around here...well, that's not really true. I just feel like it doesn't.

So, I feel sort of down...Probably a cold coming on. I didn't even get to go to the Christmas concert Jon's parents were in. Stinky poo.

The good news is I did finish my commissioned painting. I'm glad that I was able to do this at least.

Comments

Popular Posts