Feeling better...

You know you're feeling better when the house starts looking messy and suddenly it does matter that your little ones have gotten into your dresser and have pulled everything out. My sides still hurt when I laugh and I have to sit occassionally and rest. Otherwise, I'm feeling better and so is Jon.

Now, I've got a ton of house work to do. Feels good to have energy again.

Life feels better and less chaotic.

Favorite quote of the day:

Why do it the easy way, when you can do it the EVIL way?
-"Kim Possible"

Silly, I know...but humorous. That's what happens when you're sick...you end up watching cartoons...oh, well.

Comments

carla said…
I'm glad you're feeling better! It's pretty wretched to have the flu,but to have a huge snowstorm on top of it...what a nasty bit of luck. Thanks for your visit to my blog. It was, in fact, the snow that made ED's poem come right to mind when I saw this week's topic. Our luck was that we were expecting a delivery of wood for our stove the morning of the storm, so of course it never came. It was about 9:00 A.M. when I used the last of the wood we had and I spent the rest of the day shivering (we are determined to keep the heat off as much as possible this winter...crazy). The wood came this morning, so we've been stacking and burning. At least it's warm! I really am not fond of winter....
Emily said…
Thanks, Carla! Definitely feeling better...as with flus there is always the dragging on of things. Glad the snow inspired some works by ED!Though, that sounds terrible with missing your wood! And I defintely know what you mean about trying not to use the gas heat. I'm covering all doors/windows in the fashion of Louisa May Alcott's (heavy curtains).

I can totally relate as to not liking Winter...Spring, where are you? For us in PA, it's nearly four months of Winter...ugh. Keep warm!

Popular Posts