Monday, Monday...Sunny Monday...

Well, actually it's kind of gloomy and chilly out there. We woke up late after a fun Sunday. Went to Church, saw a dead cardinal (very sad), watched the ducks, saw the sun glint across the reflecting pond, got naughty fast food and watched old Betty Boop cartoons, then tucked everyone in bed for naps and I stayed up to watch "Saturday Night Fever" (which is fun to watch on TV because most of the swear words are voiced over...even though there certainly is a lot of violence in this film, it was all right). I quilted while I watched TV without worrying about the kids seeing something gross/violent. This is the main reason why I don't watch TV. This and commercials. I don't like my kids being exposed to countless repetitions of commercials. Saturday morning is the worse. Fortunately, this is the only time they watch regular TV. Thank the stars, there is PBS. I wish there were more shows like Mr. Rodgers, Sesame Street and the like.

Then, we trudged up to Grandma/pa's and then home again, home again jiggety jig. Midnight slipped upon us, faster then you would believe possible and the kids fell asleep in their soft beds.


***********
Today we are getting rats. Four pet rats. Why? For fun, to study (do illustrations of) and because I like having animals around the house. Did you know I used to have a pet crow? Her name was Bumpkin. Everyone (but me) hated that name. They wanted to name her exotic things like Merlin (before we found out she was a she) or Natasha. But Bumpkin was Bumpkin. Eventually, she learned to fly and flew away. She returned once, but never came back after that. I still miss Bumpkin. I'll try and dig some photos of her up. My main regret is I wish I had known how to feed birds properly (like giving them grit). This would have helped so much. sigh...

Anyway, I'm definitely going to take good care of the rat girls. Four cats, four rats, one Mr. Nelson, and two toddlers. What a house hold. I love it!

Comments

Popular Posts