I refuse...

I refuse to acknowledge the snow outside. Yes, it's there. Yes, it's cold and yes, I almost broke my ankle the other day shoveling that stuff. But I refuse to acknowledge it. I did take one digital picture...it was at midnight (much like around this time). For a moment, I was beguiled by the soft whiteness and the way our lamppost seems to glow from under a snow cap. And it did look very poetic at times, falling in big clumps like powdered sugar. However, I do not think it's wonderful as I am very afraid of driving in this stuff. The slip and roll of my car on ice is not romantic and peaceful. I dread leaving the driveway...our alley needs to be salted and I'm going to have to find out how much that will cost and see if the neighbors will contribute.

Snow. If I don't have to leave the house, it's wonderful and peaceful. Last year, Jon and I stood in the snow around midnight. We enjoyed the quiet. And we watched as a little white car tried to drive up our hill five times(!) and slid down each time. It was awful. Thankfully, nobody was behind them.

Snow. I still don't get why people don't drive with chains on. I'm thinking about getting them on my car...even though it does have four wheel drive. I don't care if it tears up the streets...I don't want to slide down any hills! And it happened to me, once. I was driving up 4th, I believe, from the post office. Didn't see that patch of ice and down I started going. I gunned the car and got out of that but what a panic feeling.

I love and hate snow. It has inspired me, I admit, but it has equally vexed me as well. I'll probably feel better about it once I can go sledding. I'm going to try skiing too. I just hope I don't break anything. Cross country skiing sounds interesting, hard, but interesting.

Anyway, on to warmer subjects...

Here are some pics of my new rat grrls: Jane, Daisy, Abby and Fergie.



Daisy was once named Emily. I was going to name her Emma, but Jon thought that was still too close. Ah, well.

It's late...got to go to bed. Supposed to be in the 50's on one of these days...I guess I should take a few snaps for posterity...I feel so "Princess Bride". ; )

Comments

Popular Posts