Better than expected...

Stitch and Bitch went better than I thought, thankfully. Not too many people and I felt like I wasn't too stressed out. I just wish I had brought some tea to drink as my mouth got all dry and my lipstick got gooey. I hate when that happens. sigh...

Anyway, there was about eight or so people and one little gal (3.5 years old) all together. There was a very brave man who gave it his best shot at knitting. Actually, two very brave people as they had never even tried sewing in their life! I was very proud that they tried. It's like jumping on the ice and trying to skate even when you're falling on your rump...good learning experience.

I,however, was happy it was a small turn out. Phew! Now I'll have to get more needles and start advertising. What a relief not to have 50 or so people there. I work best in small groups and this was right up my alley.

Thank goodness I had my mom-in-law there to help, too. She was really good and was able to encourage people to keep going.

What a busy day I had; piano lessons, art class and then knitting. Not to bad, really. It's really good doing what you like to do...not waiting around for it to happen. I guess when I was younger I thought things had to happen to you...Now, I realize you make things happen. I'd like that on a bumper sticker: You make things happen. My capitalist mind is rolling as I think I'll put that on a bumper sticker in cafepress! : )

In fact, here is the link:

http://www.cafepress.com/emilyinkstone

Comments

Popular Posts