Tuesday...JB Tree Farm

Went to the JB Tree Farm...drove there all by myself which is big news as I haven't driven by myself past Duncansville. I've got this fear I'll drive off into the woods or keep driving to Canada or something. I know it's irrational, but that's how I've felt for awhile. Now I know this won't happen. The worst is I'll have to turn around and go back.

Anyway, I made it to the JB Tree farm after driving 12 miles...it's about 40 minutes away (esp. with the crazy directions from Mapquest...do not ever use this or yahoo...just plain hairball). The other mamma's were there and I thought I was late but I was right on time.


We started off with pumpkin decorating.




Painting pumpkins.






Kids learning ground hogs are very bad to farmers although they are very cute on Ground hogs day!


Are they real? Not quite, Norrie...



The group was huge and half did another activity while we did the pumpkin stuff. It was fun...but it was crazy again as Norrie just kept walking. It seemed like she was Dori from "Finding Nemo" and this little phrase of "just keep swimming" for Norrie was just keep walking, just keep walking. Driving me nuts and I couldn't sit down and relax for more than five minutes. VERY ANNOYING. Next year, I will be going with a buddy or else make Jon take the day off. I was exhausted.


On one of Norrie's walks she discovers corn...



And pumpkins.



Just keep walking, just keep walking...

So we did that and then we got to ride the haystacks pulled by a friendly tractor and tractor guy. Okay, he wasn't very friendly and mostly grunted and nodded at various farm people. However, there was a friendly dog, Annie, and she is known for going down ground hog holes and killing them. But she was very nice to the kids...


This ground hog was not killed by Annie but she has killed others like this one.



Protector of the pumpkin patch and friend to all little persons, it's...Super Annie!




The trailer ride was mostly relaxing and I got to see some beautiful Fall landscapes. It was refreshing to see the change of seasons and the girls weren't running everywhere. I just had to make sure they didn't tumble out of the high speed tractor...Okay, it wasn't high speed...more of a gentle rocking. Pleasant.




This years Christmas tree crop? Perhaps...









The corn maze...where the children, as I over heard one mom say, become "Children of the Corn". Well, not really...



A mostly beautiful view...they stripped the land for electrical wires...Unfortunately. Sometimes progress, is not very pretty.



Baby Christmas trees...awww








At one moment during the hayride, Lydia said, "I like you so much mommy." That makes the whole thing worth the while.



Then we all came back and played on the pyramid of haystacks. I was off running after Norrie who thought the reindeer were esp. Interesting. Fortunately, the reindeer didn't mistake her fingers for carrots.


Just keep walking...







Is that you Comet?


Then it was more haystacks and then we ate. I half cooked my hot dogs, burned the marshmallows and wished I had Jon there to either help me or to yell at. But all in all, it was a fun time. Lydia is mostly good about staying in one spot...Norrie is like me at that age...although, I was apparently a worse wanderer.








Just keep walking...


marshmallow...good. The only thing that made her stop walking.



Then there was a corn maze (one toddler size and the other much bigger...Apparently one hour long to go through!). We just did the little one...by then there was crankiness and tired looks and the girls were feeling a bit sleepy from all the excitement too.










So, I packed them up and drove home which was a lot faster as I didn't follow the insane directions from internet maps.



At least in all of Norrie's wanderings she looks like she knows where she's going.


What's next on the horizon, mom?


Comments

isay said…
these are cool pictures. nice to know you all had a nice time!

Popular Posts