Up very early and the Great Depression of 2005

4am to be exact. Why? I'm dreaming nightmares of the hurricane victims. This happened when I learned my parents lost their house and all their belongings. I couldn't sleep. I feel sick to my stomach and I have nightmares.

I've read terrible news about children. Children not even getting formula, let alone diapers. And I read about FEMA turning away aid because they said they had everything under control...but it was all lies. I am beyond shock and I feel angry and sorrow for all those that are suffering and have gone through this huge tragedy. As someone wrote, there are two disasters. One being the hurricane and the other human negligence.

I think that all is not lost, however. Yes, many died. Yes, many are sick, depressed, shocked, hungry and mentally fatigued beyond what I could ever imagine. However, there are a few things we can do. One is returning to the programs our forefathers used during the Great Depression. We have the means and the power to do good and help a great many people...but it will be through the programs established to help our people during the 1930's. We can do this again. This is one of the ways we will be able to get out of this situation.

These programs and taxing the rich. God knows the poor and the middle class have been taxed to death...now is the time to share that burden and truly make this a UNITED states.

I hope someone will read this and share this with another person. And maybe we can all say this together and make our voice heard in the sea of confusion, fear and lies. Peace to all.

Comments

Popular Posts