Rainy days and Mondays...

Boy, do I feel a bit like that song today. Had a piano cancellation (her mom's sick...hope she feels better soon) and so the day kind of dragged on.

Now, it's all rainy outside and I don't feel like dragging to grumpy kids around. We watched the Tigger Movie we rented (for the fourth time, I think). I never got to see the whole thing, in all that. Been to busy running around. Now, they're watching Betty Bop for the 11th time (not all at once!). The little I saw, I was crying all over the place...darn meaningful cartoons.

We ate and cried and made a mess all through the house, dropped crumbs on the floor and mashed them into the wood, smeared our faces with chocolate pudding and then added some to the walls, had several poopie diapers, cried to be held because we were fussy and didn't want to eat anything but bananas but were still empty, wrote on the wall, wrapped our hands in thread and we had to have the thread cut off, and we played with paper clay and left little bits all through the 3rd floor studio and we petted the gray cat, Simone, even though she doesn't like to be petted by us and had her ears folded back.

The good news is yesterday daddy, Jon, took the girls to the campus and they got to see the ducks, run around the chapel and got free ice cream (for the football game? Not really sure why). This gave mom, Emily (me!), time to do some painting for a commission, tidy up the studio (just a little), and had a moment of panic thinking one of the kids ran off and called frantically to in-laws to check up on Jon and kids but acted nonchalant. But all was fine and she (me!) got some much needed work/private time done. Wish I could do that now.

This rain is needed but I don't like being house bound...today. I guess I'll go do some laundry. Wish the girls would take a nap and be instantly potty trained. Yeah, right.

Pumpkins are on my mind...I'll feel better tomorrow. I hate it when Norrie goes SUPER CLINGY on me. It makes me feel emotional, sad, annoyed, want to hide somewhere and yell at every one feeling.

I got a little letter from my mom with some magazine clippings for Halloween activities. I think I'll try them. I thought it was a fat letter but it wasn't. I was disappointed. But it was a nice surprise to get it nonetheless. I like fat letters filled with anything the loved one wants to share.

I wish I could take a nap.


Oh, the piano man came by on Saturday and we now have a very good piano to play. I guess I kind of wanted to show off to my student. I'm really happy it plays well...just wish it wasn't so humid; makes me worry the keys will stick when I play. sigh...

Oh my gosh, Jon's here!

Comments

Popular Posts