9:01am

I intensely wish I could speak/read Spanish, Japanese and French. And the reason is because of some really great blogs out there. In particular http://www.papeisportodolado.blogspot.com/ I just got through viewing some of the photographs and I am filled with awe. I love Ana Ventura's work! I love how she recycles paper into something new and brilliant and exciting. There is a Rauschenberg feel, playful with whimsy. Ah, I wonder if I should dare write and see if she will trade art with me...

sigh....


I'm off today. I have my tutoring to do for a few hours. Then art class at 1pm! Plus, I have a beautiful assistant, Jodi! She is excellent with my girls and I'm so lucky to have her help me! Can you tell I'm happy?

Tomorrow the gallery will be open and I wonder if anyone will see my work. I hope at least one sells. I'm going to look for a space and do my own show. It's my goal, say in eight months, to do my own first show. There is truth to writing things down as http://www.penelopeillustration.com/ once wrote. If you write it down, it makes that "it" concrete. You start to see ways of getting it together and making it happen. The almighty HAPPENING!

Want to shake up your world a little? Have an art show...even if it's in your living room! Even if it's in your apartment. Just give it a try. The first one...invite positive friends/family. Your dog and cat count! The next art show, reach out a bit more and invite friends of friends...make sure you have some tasty food (nothing too messy or meatie). Tell everyone you are interested in showing your work at other places and would love to do combo shows. It's fun. It's not too stressful and you're sharing your work. Art shows equal show and tell. That's what it is really like, actually.

Comments

isay said…
how i wish i can go to that gallery and see your work....

best of luck and keep smiling!

i'll remember what you have said....
Emily said…
Thanks, Isay!

I'm going to get some pics of the show...and the gallery (most impressive place...lots of work). So, there will be pics on my blog.

You're very positive and I love your comments! : )Good luck!

Popular Posts