Part 2 Bow and Arrows, dvd and gingko tree

Last we left off...we had left the rabbit show area.

Ah, yes and then we started back to the carnival area. We ate, saw many rides, rode on a few and I tried to talk people into going into the bizarre and odd tent but nobody wanted to see them. Personally, I thought it would interesting to see a two headed pig, a man lifting 1000 pounds, and sporting the most tattoos. But no, I have only a pic of the outside of the tent to solace me.

Wild art!

As we left we we're tired (or at least my family was...my sister, Becky, was a bundle of energy...crazy).



That was our day at the fair. The next day was my birthday and we combined it with Norrie's who turned two on July 29th. Cake, pizza and lots of goodies ensued. I got a beautiful wall hanging from my mom. I have to take a pic of that and put it up. I also got a mystery book with cats (thanks, Mom!). Norrie got a handmade raggedy Ann doll from grandma Shirley and Katie my niece wants one too. Everyone thought that was so sweet. She practically loved it more than Norrie (of course, Norrie is only two and Katie is nine and can see the hard work and love in it). Then she got a sweet blue plaid outfit and hand stitched embroidered teddy tee from grandma Shirley (love it, mom!).

I got her a my little pony stuffed horse (like Lydia's) and she gave that a big hug, pj's from grandma Mary Ann (two sizes too big...she wants to be sure they don't out grow them...it's becoming a family joke), soft doll set with a stroller and bassinet from auntie J and auntie Becky and family got her a Scottie dog in a little bag. It's so soft and darling! I want one too!

I opened my present from Jon and I thought he was going to get me the new Harry Potter book. He got me a bow and arrow. Let's just say I was shocked. Yes, I have mentioned taking up archery and lessons. No, I do not plan to go hunting, ever. It's for the sport of hitting a target...I admit I'm partially interested because of Geena Davis and her going to the level of Olympics. That impressed me. I still can't believe there is a bow and arrow in my mud room waiting for me to practice. I had to run outside that very night and shoot some targets...which I did miserable and broke one arrow tip. Ah, well. I'll try again in the light and with a target. I love it...though my arms were very sore afterwards!

Then I got a dvd from my sister. She felt pity on us as our vcr was breaking down and only showing b/w images. That was very cool of her!

But the cream of the top was my present from my sis-in-law J (who wishes to remain anonymous) and dad/mom-in-law. A GINGKO TREE! Let's just say I was floored. I still can't believe it. Wild night, I must say. So, there it is. A bow and arrow, dvd and gingko tree for my 33rd birthday. It's good to be me. : )

And now, on to the pics!



1st Place at the Bedford County Fair!!!

3rd Place at the Bedford Fair



Katie admiring the rabbits

Angora Rabbits...so sweet!

Gotta love the bunnies! Norrie couldn't take her eyes off of this bunny...I think she thought it was a high tech rabbit toy!

The little mischievous smile of Ben...don't worry the rabbits were safe. He's a very kind kid actually...

Oh, and never take little kids to an antique mall...they just don't mix and will eventually throw tantrums in a rather quiet place. Let's just say we wanted to trade them in on some guinea pigs by the end of shopping trip!

Some more pics:

Norrie's cupcake...nope I didn't make them. It was too hot and humid to do any baking. Such is the way when your birthday is in the heat of summer.

Hanging out...

Poor Ben and Katie are very allergic to cats...or at least to Autumn. Ben rubbed his face on Autumns fine soft hair (it's very tempting to do) and immediately had big welts on his face. Fortunately, mama Becky gave him some anti-histamine and it helped. Poor little guy. I think they (the parents) were happy to leave...we have four cats...so I don't blame them! But they had a good time and esp. with Kiwi (in the pic). He's not allergic to the short haired cats.

These are just the digital pics...more on the way! I'm sure everyone is thrilled to view my family pics! lol

I did do an actual softie for my niece Katie but I lost the pic. Darn it... So, now I'll have to bug them for a pic and/or make another one! It was an intense 2 days of sewing and doing the last stitches till 2am the day they left. I have a pic of me and it's not pretty...I look so tired. Plus, I made them blueberry muffins to go. I'm insane! But I had a good time and was happy and sad to see them go. Love you Becky, Katie, Ben and Huan! : )

The good thing about having house guests is they make you do all the things you meant to do over the year. The bad thing about guests is you never know what's going to happen when they are here (like your ceiling gushing water from the bath) and when they leave your house is a little bit quieter and little bit lonelier. Thank the stars for email, phones and photographs!

Well, got to go and wake my sleepy heads up. It's pouring rain outside...yesterday we had a picnic with our Unitarian group...perfect weather and a lovely thing to do...and so much food. I was the unofficial photographer...but I think the photos will come out really good. I used b/w film (my favorite). Hope I got a few good shots.

Thunder and lightening and rain...who could ask for more on a Monday!

Comments

Popular Posts