Is it raining where you are?

Cause it sure is raining over here! Part of the Katrina storm, I'm guessing. I'm a little worried...not severely but a bit. I heard that we are supposed to get the big part of the storm tonight...I wish it wasn't such a warm storm. I would feel a bit odd putting a candle log on. I just love those things, candle logs. That's what those instant logs are made of; pressed saw dust and wax. And they don't bother my allergies, too much.

Speaking of allergies, I went to the ENT yesterday and the doctor just DIDN'T listen to me. I described having ear pain and feeling of liquid in my ear. He kept saying is there drainage? And I'm like none that I know of. So, he runs a hearing test and basically says yeah, your hearing is below normal but above needing a hearing aid. I'm like, so what are we going to do. And he just says we'll run more tests...in six months! What!?! I know why my hearing is being effected...allergies. My regular doctor knows this too but this one is an ENT and he's not even trying...just rushed me out the door and that was it. Well, I'm going to get a second opinion because I know there has to be more than that. Basically, he was resigned to me losing my hearing and not doing anything about it. Frustrating and made me feel like he wasn't a good doctor at all. I hate to say it but he was a lot older too...Apparently, he "worked" on my husband throat when he was a kid (about 25 years ago, before they moved to CA). I think this guy stinks. So, I'm going to call and try to get a different doctor/medical practice. I just feel like this doctor was treating me poorly, when I said I had ear pain he ignored me, and said I didn't feel pain. WHAT?!? I was thinking this guy either has made up his mind and doesn't want to be conflicted in his opinions or HE can't hear me! And I'm having very severe ear pain because of the tropical storm coming in...changes pressure in the humidity. I don't get it...I really don't. And yes, it bothers me because I have to suffer and most likely he's done this to others.

At one point, I actually thought he was giving me the bum's rush because my health insurance was still the lowest one there. Recently, I was "up graded" to blue shield (a better health insurance). When my doctor's secretary called the ENT(when I was on the lowest one), the ENT secretary was actually snippy and annoyed. This is so awful...the treatment of people who are poor. Even when I left the ENT, the secretary was jerky to me. Basically, the program I'm on acts as a secondary insurance and I don't have to pay the co-pay. When I told this to the secretary she acted surprised (as in she had never dealt with that before) and then told me that I should have said so in the beginning (I had thought it was taken care of) and then she told me to go and get some money (I only had my atm card on me) at the hospital (it's about a half mile walk, up hill) . I did this but when I got back and I talked to a different secretary, I found everything had been taken care of. REALLY CRAZY. And the first secretary looked like she didn't know why I was back. Let's just say, I'm going to be going to a different ENT.

Also, I've noticed that at markets some people use food stamps and the like and they are treated really badly by the cashiers. The cashier will literally humiliate the person by saying something like your paper work didn't go through or make a big fuss. This has happened to a few people when I was in line. It makes me mad too. So what if these people need aid to help them? Don't treat them like trash! They're human beings trying to get along. Besides, we should be really outraged at companies getting subsidies from the government for millions of dollars. They are the ones that do the most damage...not some elderly person trying to make ends meet or some young woman trying to feed her kids. It's so horrible how the poor are treated. And if you are poor but don't look it, don't tell anyone...you might get shunned. It amazes me on so many levels. It really does. I should have a thick skin after all these years but I don't.

What was it that Jesus said about the poor? Luke 14:21 'bring in the poor and maimed and blind and lame.' It's interesting to hear various religious groups ignore most of the passages on poverty. So much of the bible focus' on doing good, helping those in need but for some reason this is pushed aside and a lot is focused on a few vague passages on being gay or abortion. I think it's funny how so much is focused on this when most of these fundamental religions say they follow Jesus. It's ironic because Jesus talks primarily on good works, believing/having faith in God and working directly with the "bad" elements. Now, there are some groups that are very open to everyone... and there are some that are open but only if you'll change your ways in the long run. Change your ways and not only will heaven accept you but so will we.

I know all this because at one time I was a follower of this thinking...or at least I followed it to please others. I've been to many church meetings and fundamentalist church's (I didn't know the difference at the time). For some reason, these churches always have to find someone to blame, some one to put down and make them selves look "good". It's a very controlling attitude and it only causes harm rather than good.

Anyway, that's my rant of the day. Basically, I'd like to see people treat each other nicely. Don't be snobby and mean. And treat people with respect regardless of their station in life.

“Be the change you want to see in the world.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi20th century Indian spiritual & political leader

And another good quote:

"When someone steals another's clothes, we call them a thief. Should we not give the same name to one who could clothe the naked and does not? The bread in your cupboard belongs to the hungry; the coat unused in your closet belongs to the one who needs it; the shoes rotting in your closet belong to the one who has no shoes; the money which you hoard up belongs to the poor. "

Basil the Great

That's a hard pill to swallow...but it's a good rule to try and live by.

Comments

Popular Posts