Illustration Friday...Dreams

I love this subject as I am a firm believer in dreams. I am talking about both dreams of what ever it may be you want/need and dreams we have during sleep. Also, I am one who dreams in full color and often will be inspired to do art from my dreams.

Some of my biggest inspirations happen just as I'm nodding off...it's like my brain is cleared of all the days happenings and I can finally think clearly. I keep paper and pen by my bed to write these insights.

Here is my submission for dreams:

Titled: I follow my dreams...wherever they lead




Close ups of the painting:





This is an 8 by 10 inch painting on watercolor paper. I used 100 year old paper for my collage pieces with oil pastel. Sumi ink was used for the background. I started this painting yesterday and finished it today. It is covered with a light varnish.

$120

Comments

Anonymous said…
so you dream of nativity scenes! appreciate the close-ups...gives more perspective on the piece. it really reminds me of those old-fashioned cut-out books i got as a kid...love the feel!
cheers,
kerry
Emily said…
Nativity scenes?!? Lol. That was a surprise...people see what they see.

There is baby imagery in here, so I could see how that would be interpreted in an interesting direction. For my self, I thought of it as when I had just become pregnant...and had thought about the pros and cons of having a child.

Dreams, for me in this painting, meant we can go in many directions and they don't have to have a direct reason. Dreams are there for us to ponder as we awake from sleep, that other world.
JacqueLynn said…
This painting has such a nice feel, the ink works so well with it. wonderful style.
Rowantree said…
Nice work, like textures and words in figures !
carla said…
I love your combination of collage, pastel, and sumi ink...it combines to make a very gorgeous and evocative piece! The colors are very dreamlike...as are the closed eyes on the faces and the details of raindrops and what looks like (to me) a river traveling through hills. Lovely!
Emily said…
Thank you, Jacquelynn, Rowantree and Carla! I appreciate the comments and various interpretations!

Popular Posts