Illustration Friday..

I have decided to resubmit my topic for Wisdom and add Reflection to it. Without reflection, wisdom can not be found.

I will probably do another entry later in the week...

Almost forgot about that today's Illustration Friday!

Here's my submission for "Wisdom"

Titled:
The Song of Peace



After last weeks entry, I had to do something with an uplifting voice. Here are some poems from children's cyber school that I found encouraging:

Let the sun shine in the night time and please no more dying.
Please let us have peace and no more fighting. People are dying.

Southwest Elementary
San Antonio, TX, US



As I look around the world I sigh,
And think, We could at least give peace a try.

Exeter-West Greenwich Junior High
West Greenwich, RI, US

Peace without
Comes from peace within.

Glenala State High School
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia


Peace remained by my side until I understood
what she wanted from me—that I be free

Parque Ecologico
Porangaba, Brazil



Let it blow in your direction
Let it touch you, melt you and mould you

SOS-Hermann Gmeiner International College, secondary school
Tema, Ghana


We don’t like it that our fathers must be soldiers
and shoot other children’s fathers.

Engbrottsskolan
Ctvidaberg, Sweden



There comes an army; here comes another.
They meet in the middle and declare PEACE.

Holy Cross Primary School
Western Cape, South Africa


The wisdom of children...

Read more at
  • The Peace Poem

    So many touched me...this is one of my favorite:


    Peace is in the waves at sea.
    Peace must begin with you and me!

    Gander Middle School
    Gander, Newfoundland, Canada

    And another:

    Peace is knowing that your home is safe.
    Peace is freedom.

    St. Elizabeth School
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
  • Comments

    Anonymous said…
    out of the mouths of babes, eh?! wonderfully moving.(made me misty!)
    cheers,
    kerry
    carla said…
    Those are such beautiful words...I hope those children will hold onto their vision! Your illustration is so pretty...I love the blues and yellows and the way the hair echoes the sunflower.
    Anonymous said…
    Thanks for sharing these words of wisdom... that they came from children leaves me feeling hopeful, and relieved. All is not lost then. Your picture is just as wonderful. I also love the cheery colors that pronounce optimism.
    Emily said…
    Thanks for the kind thoughts and words! It makes me happy to know there are people who feel the same in this little world of ours. : )
    The Sensualist said…
    I love the illustration. Did you crop it or did you just draw large? Anyhow, I like the effect!
    Emily said…
    Actually, this is a small painting...3.25 by 2.25 inches. Somewhat cropped...but just a tight view. Glad you like, Sen! :)

    Popular Posts