Progress...

Things are going smoothly in the painting of the hallway. I had a setback with a major migraine but I guess a lot of people had this from all the wind kicked up from the Emily storm. I love that the storm is my name! How funny is that?!? Although, it's a bit disconcerting when I see the headlines on yahoo...Emily is approaching Jamaica, etc.

I sold seven ACEO's! Thank you everyone who bid and got one! This is progressing better than my previous sales (I sold two or three the first time). This is turning out to be a pretty good thing. Plus, I'll be putting up more tonight or at least tomorrow evening. I need to put them up at around 10pm or later (for all the Westerner's out there). I love making them and they are very fun. I've been tempted to bid on some ACEO's my self...there was one that was so gorgeous of a doll's head and insect body. Wish I could get a copy of that one! Lovely!

I feel so good that my hallway is progressing...sorry to go on about it! My dad-in-law says it's like the inside of an egg. I like that...sounds protective and secure. It's so bright I can hardly believe it's the same hallway.

I'm almost done with a few mini-quilts and I'll be posting them on my blog. I think I'll have paypal links if anyone wants to buy them. Also, if anyone doesn't have access to paypal they can email me directly and we can work from there. Plus, I'm working on some little surprises that I'm going to be putting up pretty soon. hehehe :)

In other news, I've made the bodies of the sock monkeys for Loobylu's Month of Softies (MOS). The girls love them even if they haven't any eyes or features. They hug them and carry them around...I know the monkeys will by loved.

Also, I'm going to have a section on my website where all the ACEO's that haven't sold will reside and people can buy them from there. Lots and lots to do.

This weekend I hope to accomplish:
1. List more ACEO paintings on eBay
2. Do another junk of my small front yard in terms of weeding/etc.
3. Plant two little trees and a burning bush(turns red in the Fall!) and spread mulch about.
4. Finish that darn hallway!!!
5. Share pics of various projects on blog.


Phew! I hope I can do this. I think I can.

This week is Unitarian Sunday. The previous Unitarian meeting was great. We had a speaker, Todd Sparks, talk about "The Wizard of Oz" and how we all wear ruby slippers. Our ruby slippers are our spark and our "what makes you special". Don't take off the ruby slippers and let someone else have them. Or as Mr. Sparks so eloquently said "Never let those ruby slippers off your feet. Never give up your passion, your individuality, your uniqueness, your spirit, your inner spark..." So, true!

I think my caffine high is starting to wear off. I feel like I'm slowing down a bit...like a robot running out of juice. :) I think I need to go rest...I cannot believe all the stuff I did today, including finger painting with the girls, tending to their needs, painting the hall ceiling with Ed, going to Lowes for more paint, listening to Jon when he got home (he ran out of gas and had to hike 3 miles to the nearest phone/minimart...) and then cleaning up because I thought my mom-in-law was coming over but didn't. Sigh...At least it wasn't a boring day! Plus, my kids are addicted to "Nightmare before Christmas". I think they're going to be gothic kids in elementary school...oh, well at least it's creative.

Oh and I almost forgot: Tim Burton is coming out with a new film similar to Nightmare before Christmas called " Corpse Bride".
And, the best for last, Nick Park is coming out with a NEW film
  • "Curse of the Were-Rabbit". and Gromit in October!!! And by the way, "Aardman Studios" has a very cool web site!
  • Comments

    Popular Posts