Napoleon Dynamite and films for the weekend...

I confess I am a big fan of Napoleon Dynamite". We rented this movie about two months ago and I saw it twice. It is so awesome on so many levels. It's about a guy who is inclined towards "geekiness". But what is geekiness or being a nerd? Some say it's the way you dress, the attitude you have towards life and people. Maybe it's being so involved in what you're doing that you don't care what people think about you. You just know what you like and it doesn't matter if people think you are trendy or "cool". In that case, we should all try to be more like Napoleon Dynamite.

If you haven't seen this film, you ought to give it a try. It has a quirkiness that is appealing and draws you in from the very first credits. You'll know what I mean once you see the film.

Plus, the music isn't bad either...Another soundtrack I would like to get. Also, Jared Hess, the director, did a music video for "Postal Service. It's very intriguing even if the lyrics are disturbing. Down with Global Warming! I've seen some similar films such as "Welcome to the Dollhouse".This is much more of a harsh look at how kids can become so outcast...Even in their own families. It's hard to watch but worth it.

Another quirky, sad and beautiful film is "Ma vie en rose". or "My life in pink". Rent it and you'll know what I mean.

Comments

Popular Posts