MOS July 2005

Month of Softies: Monkey Mania!
Well, I actually finished these guys awhile ago. The first one I made about 2.5 years while we were driving to our new home in PA. It was a crazy time and sewing helped me focus on something. The sock set I got had two pairs and I have been meaning to make the other one. This was the perfect excuse! So, I made Norrie her sock monkey. Then I had to make them something to wear and decided on freehand aprons. That is why they look so odd. But they serve the purpose and I made them in less than a half hour.












They are sisters. Sisters, sisters never were there such a pair of sisters...

At this moment, my feet are killing me, my tummy is growling, I feel sore, achy and tired. But I am almost finished getting things cleaned up around here. I actually put in some towel racks in the bathroom...this required using the drill/bits. I was so happy to find the my hubby had bought a new set of drill bits! This made everything 100% easier. I'm very proud of myself that I got that on. I was a little unsure if I could but now I feel like I can do it.

I've been doing some straightening and cleaning and sorting. It's surprising what you'll find under various furniture, boxes and what nots. Mostly dog food pellets, dusty toys and a least 10 straws. But things are looking good. I guess I should do more cleaning...yeah, right. Looks like the in-laws are here to pick up Lydia! Not that she was so bad. Norrie was the one who was dangerous...spilling a whole bowl of popcorn, smashing pj on the carpeting, and generally making messes. It was a tough morning. But the good thing is I'm reaching the point where I just don't care how things looks anymore. Not that stuff is awful, just little ones make lots and lots of fingerprints (and then some!). I'm progressing, I suppose.

Comments

kath red said…
lovely sock monkeys, i might be giving it a miss this month. and the previous poo post cracked me up. ugh motherhood/parenting is just too real sometimes.

Popular Posts