Illustrations Friday!

Tranquility. Didn't really care for this as the word of the week...I guess I don't feel very tranquil. Got lots of stuff to do and various thoughts pop into my head that make my troubles really just seem so minute and frivolous that I start feeling ashamed for getting carried away with my petty concerns.

Now, that I've got that out on to IF. Tranquility, or Peace and tranquility...I just don't think anyone or thing can be tranquil unless there isn't a moment of peace in their lives. So, I did this little painting. The title is a bit long but it's about the painting:
The God of War hid the God of Peace and Tranquility. Only through the Gods and Goddess' of Protest and Justice could Peace be found.


I actually felt better doing this little painting. Funny how that works...

Comments

Kyra said…
I really like this a lot. Love the colors and I think your characters are awesome!
Anonymous said…
i haven't felt very tranquil either! this is a great illustration!
Unknown said…
the expressions are great. Glad you felt better after doing it.
roz said…
fabulus!
Rowantree said…
Great !!!
isay said…
reminds me of japanese dolls! i like their faces and the colors are wonderful!
Alison Ashwell said…
you should write a story to go with this- lovely
Valaine said…
interesting setting and characters - love the title and concept - nice colors. sad though that the god of war is getting his/her way =]
Emily said…
Thank you all for the lovely comments! I thinking of Alison's idea of writing a little story about them. It certainly would be fun to try.

Oh, and don't worry Valaine...the God and Goddess of Protest and Justice are freeing Peace and Tranquility. War is tethered for the moment. I think Protest and Justice will succeed, however, I think that the God of War will still break free...sadly.
Aravis said…
Excellent idea! It turned out really well, too, for you as well as the illustration. :0)
Unknown said…
Fabulous and beautiful! Thank you. Also, got my little firefly girl painting. Love it! Thank you!
Anonymous said…
fabulous title, says it all...can't wait for a story! the colours are perfect for this sentiment as well...
cheers,
kerry

Popular Posts