Feeling a bit sheepish...

Called my sister (which I should have done in the first place) and she is staying a goodly long time of 4 nights. That's pretty darn good!! Very excited and makes the whole house working on stuff worth it.

Speaking of house, I'm in the process of painting, painting, painting my hallway/stairs a bright butter cream yellow with Alaskan skies blue. So pretty...and let's jut say there is light in spades. My goodness, is there light. From dingy to wearing sunglasses. Not that bad really and in the Winter it's going to be so nice to be in a brightly lit hallway. Of course, this makes everything else in the house look dingy and chipped and needing some lovin'. Sigh...it just never ends.

I'm making lace curtains...just material I bought to cut and sew up. I have the pretty blue curtain I made a year ago...that will be fine.

Dad-in-law helped and Jon came home early and helped too. It was a relief as I stayed up to midnight priming the walls and then started again this morning. The only good thing about painting alone is you can dance. You can't do this when others are around...too embarrassing. Madonna makes good dance music, esp. The early works.

My glasses are speckled with drops of paint and I think I have to get them repolished or something (fine scratches). What's a good way to of removing paint from your glasses?

Also, Norrie is into throwing things away. I mean everything...she threw the vacuum cleaner cover away and fortunately, we found before trash pick up. Then she threw away shoes, toys, books, etc. The sad thing is she does this and sometimes she realizes she can't get it out; other times she's like, "oh, well." hmm

Anyway, I'm doing more ACEO cards and I want to experiment with collages. I'm excited about this because I used to do big collages a few years ago and it's nice to return to something like this.

Still, plugging away at my mini-quilts. Have a grumpy baby...got to go.

Comments

Grangry said…
My house is yellow and blue too, to remind me of summer sun and skies.
Emily said…
Your house sounds lovely! Mine is a brick house; we're true red! :)

Popular Posts