Beyond annoyance...

Okay, the day has finally cooled off and the humidity is really low, in fact not even there. The sky beautiful like the Sound of Music landscape. In other words, a perfect day to go and hang out with my little gals and dog in the back yard and splash in their kiddy pool. So, I go and do that. Set up the pool close to the house, as much out of the sun and away from the middle of the yard. There is a two pointed reason for this. Yes, it's to stay out of the sun but it's also to be blocked by the wisteria and the neighbors yard. You see, my neighbors have TWO German shepherds. The eldest one is smarter and I think was professionally trained. The younger one has not been trained (in fact, the neighbor has admitted that the older dog is supposed to train the younger one. Hmmm, that makes sense, doesn’t it? I thought the owner was supposed to train their dogs but, what do I know).

Anyway, it's a beautiful day and I'm risking fate. Why? The dogs aren't outside and I'm filling up the kiddy pool and the girls are ready to play in the water. Then the neighbor lets his dogs out and they start barking...at me, my girls and at my little bichon.

Let me rephrase this, every day this happens. I go to my car, barking. I go outside to walk my dog, barking. I go to the garage, trim plants, try to play in my yard and there's barking. So, lately I found out if I wet the dogs with the hose they go away. I've tried peanut butter, having my husband talk to the neighbors, talking to the neighbors, nothing works.

Skip to today. I get the hose and tell them to be quiet and not bark. I wet them down and they start going away. Who should jump out but the neighbor and starts yelling, at me! I'm really surprised at this as he just acts like it's all me. He tells me "I'm taunting the dogs". Yes, I want them to bark at me. In fact, I love barking so much that I try to make them bark more. Then he says my little dog ripped up their trash. What does this have to do with barking, I don’t know. Also, I don't know if this is true or not but I certainly know I've never seen him do this. They put their trash right next to our property. And I have seen the trash torn into by animals. If you leave the trash out at night, this will happen…to everyone…esp. if you live where we do (skunks, raccoons, wild cats) I know there are stray cats wandering around, but this was in the Winter time. As in 9 months ago. I said, if it was my dog, I'm sorry about that and I'm sure it only happened once. Then he's like "I don't want to talk about this any more." I'm like your dogs are barking at me and my children. He's like they are barking at your dog...keep your dog restrained! I said why don't you train your dogs not to bark at me." He said "they are guard dogs you can't train them." I'm like this guy is really stupid or really dense or I don't know what. Of course, you train dogs! That's why you get them to guard; to be trained and behave.


Let me just say this now. I don't yell very often. In fact, some might say I'm very mellow. And for me to raise my voice and get annoyed at something like this, I have to be pushed to the edge. I was pushed to the edge. I've even tried to feed their stupid dogs peanut butter to get on their good side. Not a bit of good because it's not reinforced by their owners (though the older dog does understand "no" and will walk away). So, I'm upset and annoyed.

The neighbor walks into his house and shuts the door leaving the dogs outside. So, I tied Mr. Nelson to the steps and stood in my yard and let them bark at me. And did they? You bet. Did I taunt them? Nope. I stood there with my back to them and smiled at my girls. After a few minutes they brought in the dogs. I just can't believe he said it was my fault. My fault I have a little dog, children, live there, can't tolerate barking and disturbance of my peace. So, yes, I'm annoyed.

Another thing annoying about my neighbors is they throw cigarette butts on our grass. I haven't complained, yet. In fact, we were thinking of making them a gift of a terra cotta pot filled with sand so they can dispose of the butts there...instead, of flicking them at our grass. Would they get the message? I don't know. I could go into how I've smelt certain herb smells coming from their basement but that's another story. How I wish their mom would read my blog! lol She seems to be the only one who has sense and I've heard her raise hell quite a few times there. And she does yell! The dad just doesn't care or do anything productive and he's there 90% of the time, too.

Anyway, I had to get that out. I think I feel better already. It's funny how he tried to pin their barking on me, somehow. I hope I didn't get sunburned from standing in my yard. I wish to god we could put up a 90 foot fence....like all the other neighbors on the other side of the German shepherds. AH! :) More later...

Comments

Popular Posts