Beets are yummy...

I tried this new recipe from one of my on-line groups and it's really good. It's called Pasta con Rubini or Pasta with Rubies by Wendy Edelson.
And I can see why they are called rubies!





They are quite beautiful when you pull them from the oven...Glistening a deep, dark red. And they are very tasty, filling and healthy. It's hard to make them in the summer (the oven heat) but they are worth it.

Here's my version of the recipe:
I cut up the beets into diced size. I got a round cake tin and put a bit of water and placed beet pieces in it. Then I covered them with olive oil and sprinkled some salt and Mrs. Dash (I was out of garlic). Then I baked for about 35-40 minutes (or until soft-ish). Afterwards, I just scoped them up on a plate and had them with a chicken salad sandwich. Very tasty. You can also make them with pasta, and Parmesan cheese.

Comments

Alison Ashwell said…
one of the few veggies i like cooked and now i have to be even more stringent with my diet -sigh
Emily said…
Oh, Alison! I hope everything gets better quick.

Popular Posts