Sunday...

Well, tomorrow I have an interview. Nerves don't fail me now. I'm at my in-laws typing away and promising not to mention anything about my sister-in-law,J., as she wants to remain anonymous to the world. She's writing a book but will not be putting her name on it...but shall be using a pen name. She is a self confessed hermit crab. Ah, well. I guess I have to respect her wishes...or until she doesn't check my blogs.

Both my girls have heat rash, a cold and now I have a cold. Life could be worse. I just can't wait till tomorrow is 4pm because then all will be over and I can continue my quiet existence of illustrating and tending to the young ones of mine.

We've discovered "Ruby and Max". This holds not only the kids attention but actually all of our attention. I like "Spongebob" but even that has it's limits. Ruby and Max is really cute and I have several ideas for painting various rooms in the house. Speaking of houses, my sister moved in California and has now been redecorating and updating. Unfortunately, she left me the new house phone number. This is unfortunate because my sister, Becky, didn't tell me or my dad-in-law that she wasn't going to be at the house all week. I started fearing the worse and as it turns out she was staying with her husbands in-laws and was too tired to call me and let me know if she was all right. That's typical of my sister. And I guess it's typical of me to worry like mad and imagine the worse. I guess I'm cross between Anne of Green Gables and John Candy in "Only the Lonely". Let's just say, I was ready to call the police and had everyone drowned in their new pool...scary stuff.

In other art related news, I'm working steadily on getting ready for the Bedford County Fair. I don't expect to get a blue ribbon...but it would be nice. However, I'll be glad to enter and see if I get at least some praise and hopefully some contacts. I'm actually excited about going as there is going to be tons of crafts, quilts, foods, animals, etc. I think I'd like to enter at least 25 paintings (they are small...so it's not as impressive as it sounds). However, I will have to put wire backing instead of the tooth ridges. This is going to be a pain. I'm thinking I may have to just get some new frames. I'd like to register early but I'll need a week to get this done. I guess I could aim for next Monday as a deadline.

I'm also working on a graphic novel by Jon and myself. It's taking me longer then expected as I keep having interruptions of the sick kind and some regular life stuff.

I'm feeling rather shy writing...usually I'm home alone typing here and now I'm surrounded by activity. I'm feeling a little better after talking out my nerves. I woke up at 7am reviewing and collecting information for the interview tomorrow. Actually, monster.com has some pretty good tips for interviews. They are quick and to the punch. Handy. I think it's even good for general life purposes as well. I feel confident. I just wish I felt better over all...cold wise.

I will leave on this note:

Maria - I Have Confidence Lyrics
"Sound of Music"


What will this day be like? I wonder.
What will my future be? I wonder.
It could be so exciting to be out in the world, to be free
My heart should be wildly rejoicing
Oh, what's the matter with me?

I've always longed for adventure
To do the things I've never dared
And here I'm facing adventure
Then why am I so scared

A captain with seven children
What's so fearsome about that?

Oh, I must stop these doubts, all these worries
If I don't I just know I'll turn back
I must dream of the things I am seeking
I am seeking the courage I lack

The courage to serve them with reliance
Face my mistakes without defiance
Show them I'm worthy
And while I show them
I'll show me

So, let them bring on all their problems
I'll do better than my best
I have confidence they'll put me to the test
But I'll make them see I have confidence in me

Somehow I will impress them
I will be firm but kind
And all those children (Heaven bless them!)
They will look up to me

And mind me with each step I am more certain
Everything will turn out fine
I have confidence the world can all be mine
They'll have to agree I have confidence in me

I have confidence in sunshine
I have confidence in rain
I have confidence that spring will come again
Besides which you see I have confidence in me

Strength doesn't lie in numbers
Strength doesn't lie in wealth
Strength lies in nights of peaceful slumbers
When you wake up -- Wake Up!

It tells me all I trust I lead my heart to
All I trust becomes my own
I have confidence in confidence alone
(Oh help!)

I have confidence in confidence alone
Besides which you see I have confidence in me!

Comments

Popular Posts