Stuck in the brush and other musings...

It's starting off to be one of those days. Last night, my car overheated and looks to have sprung a leak. Jon's going to have to fix that when he gets home. This means I'll have to ask for a ride from my dad-in-law. Not a problem...still, it's annoying.

Then when I put Mr. Nelson outside for his daily duty he chased a rabbit into the thick thorny brush by the garage and instantly got tangled. This was not good. I had to hack at the side of the bush and make a path to save him. Let's just say my arms are totally scratched, raw and in pain. But I got him out and he was truly thankful as I got several licks and mostly a kind look. I think he blamed me for throwing him outside. I hadn't taken my allergy medicine yet and was quite irritable at the time.

Now, he's growling at the fan...this is the first time he's seen it, so he's adjusting. He's looking at it like it's some demon going to pounce.

I'm working on getting him to use the great outdoors as his only bathroom. I've been keeping him close to me or attached to various door knobs in the house. It seems to be working...Hopefully.

Well, I've got lots of pics and a few stories so here goes.


On Sunday, I awoke early to start my watering of house plants. According to Ed, my dad-in-law, morning watering are the best as they don't let the plant get moldy at night and don't fry the plants in the hot mid day sun. Which reminds me, I need to plant our newest tree, a Colorado Spruce. Anyway, I opened the front door to water my two potted plants and out of the corner of my eye I see something furry dash away. I'm like, "what was that?" I look at my pots and to my horror my orange flowers have been decapitated. What was once like this:


Now looks like this:






Petal fragments...

I know this was a squirrel searching for some water. It's been 98 degrees around here...and no or little rain. So, I put out a birdbath that broke (the base) and filled up the top with water, balanced on bricks and I think, I hope my flowers are safe.

On to some crafty things:

Loot from Mimi:






Surplus City Finds:

Got it for 10 cents!
And this too!

This is so cute as Lydia is into flamingo big time.

I hope she'll look like this when we are done. I actually made them a bunch of frogs from this kit and they came out pretty cute.
Little wooden people shapes. I love these and some pretty felt. And lots of material which I can't find the pic I took...

I had a little situation right now. Apparently, Norrie went on the back porch and closed the door and was out there crying for nearly 6 minutes before I found her. She was trying to come in but her hands were full of doll bottles and a bear. Poor thing. Fortunately, I'm her and I've got a limited supply of junior mints. They come in handy for calming down tearful toddlers. Now she's back, grumpy and doesn't like the fan too. Gotta go....

Comments

Popular Posts