It's good to be a woman...

Being a woman and giving birth is so incredible and beautiful and so painful. It's all of these things and more. It's a line between death and life. If you've never had a baby or are a man, you just don't know. For me, that ability to give birth and nurture that baby with all that you have is amazing. It always amazes me how we can easily go into destroying ourselves by whatever means. It so saddens me to think of war, poverty, illness.

Even if you can never have a child a person can love just as strongly and fiercely. Don't get me wrong. I believe that we can all love as mightily as a mother. It's allowing yourself to open up to the mother inside of us all that is the key. I feel so sorry for men and women who have been forced from whom ever to fit into roles, to hide their tears, and so much more. I know it sounds a bit new agey or whatever but opening up our selves to just ourselves, is the first step. It can be done.

Why did this suddenly come up? I happened to be reading various blogs and I come up on
  • Bellablue and I'm reading about the birth of her second daughter and I just start crying. The joy of a happy and healthy birth is amazing. And her daughter's expression... Plus, Midwives Rock! I was so lucky and blessed to have midwives at both my daughters births and both times went beautifully. Sorry male doctors but midwives have usually been there and this can make all the difference.

    Honestly, love doesn't just come from giving birth. The love comes from the work you do for the baby...Cleaning, tending, playing, laughing, giving structure and guidance, protecting, and so much more. This is were the love comes from and grows in you. It's like that idea of tending a garden...It's such hard work but in the end you do receive the rewards from it. It's that simple and that difficult. Anyway, I'll stop with all the mushy stuff for now. :-) Tend your gardens and watch them grow.
  • Comments

    Emily said…
    You definitely are a mother! There is so much work when tending little ones that evolves into highest form of love. This is the key to happiness.

    I hope your nieces come home soon and you can spend more time with them. Even though I have my two daughters, I miss my dear niece and little nephew, too! I haven't seen her in 2 years and they're coming for a visit in July. I can hardly wait!

    Popular Posts