Illustration Friday

M. Run
This image is for Illustration Friday's word or words of the week. This week is "Black and White". I'm doing a simple black and white image. I'm sure you're a little curious about this illustration. It comes from stories my dad-in-law tells around the dinner table. This one just really stuck in my head! Guns and gals ruled the day and occasionally this woman would dance outdoors on picnic tables in the nude Lady Godiva fashion and shoot those that tried to steal a glance. It was a colorful time and the talk of the town for years. Apparently, it still is.


  • Illustration Friday
  • Comments

    Anonymous said…
    WOW This is my favourite of your images so far. What an inspirational story and image :)
    Anonymous said…
    Ah the good old days - when life was a riot. I ask why isn't there more of this today? This illustration is a real hoot - beware the smoking gun.

    Detlef
    http://www.detlefjumpertz.com
    Anonymous said…
    OMG...i so want to meet you father in law and drill him for stories!...sounds like a hoot! as for your blankets and quilts, if you're selling any could you please email me with pics? i would love to buy something handmade if it fits the bill!
    cheers,
    kerry
    Emily said…
    Thank you all for your comments! I really love getting feedback.

    I have to tell my dad-in-law about the illo and response. He'll love that! Thanks, Anonymous, Detlef and Kerry!
    I'll get some pics of the mini-quilts (once they are finished) to you asap. I'm working on about 10 mini-ones right now. They are animal themed, just to let you know.
    Anonymous said…
    interesting what we think of when we see an IF prompt! great story, too...

    violetismycolor
    Aravis said…
    How wonderful! A wild illustration for a wild story. This was great! :0)

    Popular Posts