Happy Papa's Day!

Oh, it's father's day! And for us, that is father's day and father's birthday. Poor Jon, had to work on Saturday. His boss actually said don't groan about working on Saturday, at least you have a job. What a thing to say. This coming from people that start everyone at 7 an hour and base your pay on the speed/quality of work you do. Totally production based.

This leads me into the question of what ever happened to unions in the US? Why has the working man/woman/person been screwed so royally? This is really ridiculous. At one time, you had a 5 day job, about 8 hours. Now, it's 6 days (if you're lucky) , mandatory overtime, health coverage for only the working person (or pay $200 for each additional family member), no lunch breaks (if you take a break off company, you have to clock out and work to cover that time), and other poor treatment of employees. This is if you are lucky to have a job. This is so wrong and so unfair to the workers. And then there is the annual lay offs...keeps you in line, I suppose.

So, this has been on my mind lately. But it's fathers day weekend. I sent Jon off to get a bunch of free chainlink...hope it's in good to okay quality. I'm plugging freecycle.org That's such a great place. Also, I'm plugging my co-op group Altoona Food Co-op. They are great. We're finally on a bulk ordering system for fresh veggies/eggs and other items. Very nice. Plus, it's organic and you're buying from local farmers.

Yesterday, we went shopping and then over to my sis-in-laws house. She has a beautiful mulberry tree in the back and we picked a little butter container full of mulberries. How wonderful it is to be able to do that. It's so nice and fun to do as a family. The girls had fun chasing each other and just being kids. The weather is great with bits of warmth and coolness and very little humidity. I'm starting to get the rhythm of the weather back here. Also, my antibiotics are kicking in (for my ear infection. My doctor finally succumbed to me having swimmers ear) and my allergies are mostly under control.

We went to the Unitarian Meeting today and it was very nice. We got to light candles and had a cleansing ceremony. Very nice and I got to meet more people.

Well, I hear my 3 year shouting and pounding. She must be up from her nap.

Oh, and I got material from Mimi! Thank you! It's lovely! I'll write more and that and have pics. One more plug, I got my diva cup. It should be interesting and I hope I get the hang of it.

Here's to mulberry jam and fishing at Canoe Creek! :-)

Comments

Popular Posts