Digital Illustration...

Here is my interpretation of "Digital" word of the week.


Titled "Bad Connection"

In other news, it's a humid day...very humid. Fortunately, it's not terribly hot. I love Southern California heat. It's always a dry heat, unlike the East.

We went to Ohio for Memorial Day. It was so fun to be with my dear friend, Caroline. I've known her for ages and seeing her again, was beyond words. Our drive to Ohio was about 4.5 hours but our drive back was 6 hours. Construction, and getting lost were the major factors. Getting lost because the diverted road didn't have ANY signs and we took the wrong exit. Fortunately, Jon knew the way through the Julian Woods Community near the commune there. It was pitch black and hard to see anything...let alone we were driving over the mountain. I would have loved to see this in daylight...in fact, we'll probably go back there pretty soon. I was so scared we'd hit some animals and I kept saying slow down. I saw enough dead ground hogs, dear, and various small critters to know this is happens. But we went slowly and then I had a very odd and haunting moment where I thought I saw some people carrying lanterns in the distance. It was actually the green glow of dear eyes and her
fawn.

We realized that most people that hit animals must be going at speeds well beyond the recommended mph. We didn't hit any animals and made it safely home. I hate seeing creatures laying there on the side of the roads...I'd rather see them in their natural setting or in magazines in their natural setting. This is one of the darker sides of road trips...esp. back East.

Comments

Alison Ashwell said…
Sounds like a spooky drive home - the IFriday 'digital' image has a very haunting atmosphere as well
Anonymous said…
i feel the same way on road trips.
i white knuckle it the whole way, praying i wont hit anything. in europe they have underground passage ways for the animals..and they use them! ( why cant we do that here?)
Anonymous said…
love how you've just used a subtle hint of colour to highlight your illo. i'm glad you were careful and didn't hit bambi...a lot of people don't realize that hitting a deer can be as dangerous to them as to the animal. happy driving!
cheers,
kerry
Anonymous said…
Also love the hint of colour, with eerie side in shadow. She doesn't look happy due to the bad connection.

Popular Posts