The days... they be a bit muggy

It's 6:43 am as I type this and it's actually pleasant outside. Not that I got up willingly to view the great outdoors, make my hubby a sourdough bread sandwich with turkey and cheese and coffee to go. No, I stumbled from my bed because I felt like I had a pillow stuck over my face. In fact, I did have a pillow stuck over my face...all right, I didn't have a pillow on my face it was just my sinus' swollen and my nose totally sealed because I forgot to take my 24 hour Claritin-D. Boy, that stuff is a life saver. I had to take some motrin to ease the pain and I'll need to use my nasal spray. Life is much more complicated when you have allergies. The sad thing is I didn't admit to allergies until recently and have been suffering for many, many years. I'm guessing all the way back in elementary school. I used to get massive headaches and kids would tease me because I breathed loudly (hey, I had clogged nasal passages, kid!). Now, I know why...plus, I'd get green headaches from being in the plants too long. Poor me...

I'm typing without my glasses and now my left eye is starting to ache. Maybe I'll sneak back into bed and contemplate life. I know it stinks that I can sleep in...but that's one of the "privileges" of being a stay-at-home-mom....every now and then you can actually sleep in. Of course, various other activies are all communal such as bathroom time. sigh...We've got to work on that.

Real quick...Mr. Nelson is officially boycotting pooping outside. He seems to actually hold it in until we come into the house and uses the newspaper. This is kind of a cute, loyal thing he has but I want him to poo outside. My dad-in-law dog sat Mr. Nelson while we were away in Ohio and said he bonded with Mr.Nelson. Said dad-in-law is dropping hints that he wouldn't be object to keeping Mr.Nelson and knows that I have tons of stuff to do, let alone deal with a dog. I'm annoyed...I said I could loan Mr. Nelson for a day or three but he said that would just confuse Mr. Nelson. It probably would but it would help me too. He's playing all his cards...this is a mean pinochle player and he knows how to wheel and deal. I have to watch out with him...or I may become dogless. Not that it isn't tempting in the middle of the day, when we're all hot and muggy and the kids are demanding attention and so is Mr. Nelson. But at times like this, when all is quiet and I take Mr. Nelson outside and it's a good feeling, how could I part with him? Even in the rush of kids and stressful moments, it's fun and crazy and yes, really a mess. Right now, Mr. Nelson is sleeping on a cushioned chair. He's such a sweet dog...when not hyper. I do love that crazy dog.

Comments

Popular Posts