Haven't posted in a while...

Oh, the weather has been so lovely this weekend. I hardly felt like even being in the house. In fact, we didn't. On Saturday we went to Duncansville and they had a huge street yard sale. Every other house was selling stuff. We got some good finds and help support the Unitarian Church were we go. Some of the great buys and finds: I got the complete "Golden book Encyclopedia" collection for $2. It's just like the one I had as a kid but better. I'm sure my mom couldn't have gotten that when they lost the house, so I was happy to get this. 3 bags of scrap fabric for 50 cents, lots of children's books, and few novels for me and Jon at a 25 cents. I love yard sales and this was a great one. I just wish we had left earlier. We always seem to leave late. Then when we got home I was tuckered out and we had a family siesta. It was lovely.

The next day was Sunday and we trotted over to the Jaffa Mosque and checked out the huge flea market there. Again, we arrived late in the day and most stuff looked picked over. If you arrive too late, sometimes people knock down the price and you don't have to haggle so much. We had Mr. Nelson with us and he got tons of compliments and everyone described him as a ball of fluff. We need to get him trimmed.

After the Mosque, we went to Penn State Altoona where they were having the Blair Arts Festival. I tried to get in but they never responded to my emails. So, I'm going to write them a letter and plan for it next year. Exciting! Again, we had Mr. Nelson and we must have seen 5 other bichons. Mr. Nelson was the handsomest, I must say and oddly the biggest one. Is it because he's male and not fixed??? I haven't gotten his hair trimmed so that could account for his looking bigger but some where being held like dolls. Maybe they were younger...

Anyway, this was a lot of fun and it seemed everyone had their dogs there. Lyddie and Norrie had fun and were really tired afterwards. We saw Jon's parents sing in the choir at the pavilion and saw many neighbors. It was a good day. The food was way too costly...$3 for lemonade and for a skimpy hot dog it was $2! Jon spent $6 on a crab sandwich and it was NOT big. I was going to get a gyro but they were $7! Maybe I'm a bit cheap...that or sensible. Glad I brought our own water/tea.

Next time we go out with Mr. Nelson, I'm bringing him a little dog bowl. I had to cup my hand for him to drink a little water from the water bottle. Poor, dear. But I could tell he was a happy dog. When we drove home, he didn't even try to stick his head out the window...he was tired.

All in all, it was a good weekend. I've got to do some cleaning as the co-op people are coming on Wednesday and I put off all cleaning.

Comments

Popular Posts