Friday

Just added some links...Hopefully they will work. It's good to have Friday here again. I went for an interview among chaos at home, so this week was really stressful. Fortunately, my little one is doing tons better and ate pasta last night and Chinese food for lunch. She's still thin and a bit weak but who wouldn't be after her flu? Poor, baby.

There is beautiful sunlight streaming through the windows. We went for a walk today (actually the kids rode in the stroller) and Mr. Nelson helped pull the stroller towards every tree he could get too! Silly dog. I'm training him to pull a sled in the winter. He doesn't know this yet. But he will...Serves him right for chewing up the legs of my dining room chairs.

In other news, I cleaned the basement a bit. I'm making space for the wood tools and we're trying to set up a sink. I'll try to take pics. I'm working on two paintings down there. One is a mother child theme and the other is an interpretation of one of my poems. I'm working with acrylic paints. I tried to make the stretchers my self, but that was a total waste of time. Some how I was able to do this in college. Of course, my professor,
  • Ben Sakoguchi was there.


  • *****NOTE Ben Sakoguchi is alive and well********

    I just looked up Mr. Sakoguchi and found that he passed away in 2002. Is this true? I feel very sad to know this. I last saw his work at Cal State LA. It seems like only yesterday that I was in his class and he was encouraging us to paint and go beyond. He was one of the most inspiring teachers I had in art and was open to all forms of art. My memories of him are still strong to this day and I will always remember him as an inspiration. He wrote little notes about each of our paintings for class and gave them out at the end of the critique. I still have mine. Each note was detailed and optimistic and as a young person and artist, I felt especially grateful for the time he put into these notes. I will miss you, Ben. You will not be forgotten.

    Comments

    Popular Posts