It's Friday!

I'm happy it's Friday as it means Jon doesn't have to work and he'll be home!!! It's nice being home with the kids all day but it's so much nicer to have an adult to talk to and chat with... especially your best friend.

Last night, I worked extra hard (I got 2 hours to work alone in my mini-studio) on my wee-ones artwork. I feel good about this and I think it's coming out really sweet. I don't know if others have this situation...I use pencils to sketch as lots of folks do, but then when I add pen, it transforms the piece (sometimes really good, other times blah). Should I stick to pencils or work with markers? That's my question. I did, however, discover that sharpie has a nice mix of colored pens (sharpie quality) and have been trying them out. At Sam's I got about 25 pens (something like that) and there are various colors. I love the light purple and light blue. It gives my work a softer edge. It's lovely.

I feel like this old house of mine is starting to really feel like home. Jon fried up some shrimp and we had that for dinner with a casserole. It was a really late dinner but it was fun too. Lydia actually likes shrimp...Or rather she likes the fried part. We'll be going for a walk today, I think. Norrie chowed down on the casserole. I liked it but it was a bit too cheesy for me. Actually, I love cheese but some things upset my tummy and I get a mild lactose feeling. Awful. I personally think it's the ingredients in those prepackaged casseroles. They all effect me in such a nasty way. But if the casserole is made from scratch I don't feel sick at all. It's the same way with regular soda. I think it's some sort of preservative actually. I've given up regular soda all together and have only diet caffeine free soda, if possible.

I found this new butter that has no trans fat. And it's so good, it has palm fruit in it and tastes so rich, smooth, and a slight sweetness that is surprising in a good way. I love it.It's called Smart Balance. Plus, I learned that trans fat is a preservative and is the most awful fat out there as it stays in the body and is the hardest to loose. When you think about it, maybe that's why so many people have problems with weight. If they are putting junk like that in food, that's so wrong. Then we get those commercials about being thin (not necessarily healthy). Boy, they play us like a fiddle.

Apparently, there is a law that now all foods have to say whether or not they have trans fat. This is what trans fat is "Trans fat (which means trans fatty acids) is the worst kind of fat, far worse than saturated fat...The process is used to make an oil more solid; provide longer shelf-life in baked products; provide longer fry-life for cooking oils, and provide a certain kind of texture or "mouthfeel." Oreo cookies is one that has this mouthfeel texture and uses this preservative. No more Oreos...until they change (I'm a little sad, as I like Oreos).
I obtained this from
  • Transfat It's amazing. I, for one, am never going to go to McDonalds again or any fastfood place that doesn't say whether they have trans fat or not. I feel like I was poisoning my kids and my self! It makes me so annoyed that businesses can do these things. Thankfully, there are people out there fighting against this immoral practice. It burns me up to think they are promoting foods to children that are not good for children! I knew this before, but now I know why.

    When you think about it, when someone does something lousy to your car, you have them fix it. Unfortunately, it's harder to show the cause and effect on ones body (in terms of heart damage)by the food industry. No wonder serving sizes are so small! Did you know that if you eat something with no trans fat, you can eat a lot more of it? My sister bought a bag of baked chips and it said serving size, 1 bag as opposed to a trans fat bag with serving size of 3 chips. Amazing.

    Last shopping trip, I bought lots of fresh foods and if the label said no trans fat, that won over other brands. Also, it saved me a some money this way too! :-)

    In other news, I actually hear some song birds outside! This means Spring is on the way! Hurray! Though it also means allergies in my case, I have my Claridon and should be fine. Well, I've got to go walk the dog. I can see his fresbe that was lost in the snow. Things are warming up!

    Here is a practice image I created using my wacom.


  • I woke up to darn early (5:30am)to see my hubby off, and now a wave of dizziness is coming over me...I feel tired. wah! I need to do my aerobics but if I feel too tired. Will I be able to over come this feeling? To be answered sometime later this weekend. I'm running on 5 hours of sleep. I think I'm going to lay down...sorry Mr. Nelson and my chubby arms. Sleep is a good thing.

    Comments

    Anonymous said…
    cute flower!
    http://www.liketotallycute.blog-city.com
    Anonymous said…
    Thanks for your comment! :o)
    I would like to have my own wycom too, if it makes me draw as fantastic as you do!

    Popular Posts