Illustration Friday...

Boy, this week really snuck up on me. This week is "Ancient". My interpretations:

If I should live to be an older person, I hope I'll always find happiness in my art.


About my week:


I did a ton of stuff this week and I see how it slipped by. Monday I had errands to run and an appointment that I met. Then Tuesday was doctor for Norrie day...shots, poor baby. Then Wednesday I got an intense headache/weakness. I thought it was allergies from all the wind that has been blowing. But it turns out it was pressure from a cold. As I have a cold now. I felt bad because there was a Unitarian meetings at El Campasino and I had to miss it. That stinks. Later on, I felt a little better but I was annoyed I couldn't go.

Today, I took the girls out, after rushing off a painting to a customer. We went to Denny's and they actually have a kids menu that is decent! They even offer fish crackers. I was impressed as were the girls. Let me say this now. I will not be going out to eat, by myself, with two toddlers, again. It wasn't that they were so bad it's just Norrie kept wandering off once she was out of the high chair. Very annoying. I'd be paying at the register and there she was behind the counter! It was stressful. We went to K-mart afterwards and I found a lot of good stuff...kid shoes, curtain rods and shower curtain that I needed. Plus, I got a few toys for the girls. I made the mistake of getting only 1 ducky toy and then Lydia fell apart because it was really "hers" and she needed to have all 4 pieces (it was a set of 1 mama and 3 baby ducks). So, that went to Lydia and Norrie was content with the chickies, thankfully.

Then I got them to bed and naps and I did some art. Then I felt guilty about having Mr. Nelson all alone in downstairs, so I brought him up on a leash to my studio. It was the first time he was up there. He peed in my box of scrap paper. I was very annoyed and then he found some color pencils and tried to snap them in half...so, downstairs he went. Then I felt guilty for leaving him downstairs again and took him outside to play. Then while outside, I noticed all this trash that had collected around our yard, so I started to clean up. Then I remembered the mulch I wanted to throw on the frozen muddy patch. So, I started to do that. Mr. Nelson got excited and tangled him self on my snow boots. I thought I wasn't tangled up and much to my embarrassment, I fell. I nearly strangled poor Mr. Nelson on my fall and felt like I broke my hip, but we are both all right. I'm sore but will live. It's the same spot of earth I fell on sometime last year. It must be my fall zone or something.

It was one of those days, I guess. Now, I'm sore all over...

A good thing about having to sit is I got a lot of eBay auctions up yesterday. I'll probably have more up tonight and tomorrow.
  • My webpage I know, shameless plug...:-)

  • eBay!
    Take a look. Plus, they are very affordable too! Original Emily artwork! :-) I'm terrible...
  • Comments

    Emily said…
    Thanks, Lisa! I'm glad that week is over. But now, I have a full blown cold. I thought I was over it,ha!

    Your 2 year old sounds like mine, however my 20 month old likes to scribble over whatever I've drawn. My almost 3 year old just wants to sit by her self and paint with her own brushes and water.
    As I type this, Mr. Nelson has jumped on my lap and is sitting here like he wants to type too. Silly dog. For a Bichon he's kinda big...oh well. Hope you had a good weekend!

    Popular Posts