Hahaha!

The weather people where wrong! No rain and it was another absolutely beautiful day! I took the girls out to the post office and did some errands. It was such a good day and I feel like I had an energy burst from all the sunlight. Our roof is officially done and it looks so great, I can hardly believe it. Now we are going to get some other things done on the house and I hope, hope, hope new windows. The windows we have are terribly old and 1 window pane of glass. We still have plastic up on them from the Winter. I may leave the plastic up until the old windows are removed (if they do it from the outside, which I doubt). There is a frightening amount of lead chips from the eves and I vacuumed as much as I could. I'm thinking of spraying a solution of soap on the ground (the kind you use for dishwashers) and neutralizing it that way. We're also going to be putting in new top soil and many bushes. So, it should be safe. It's very worrying as this is a big problem with old homes, lead. It really makes me so angry that the government allowed companies to put that crap in the paint back in the 1970's (or was it earlier) even though they knew it was toxic. So much for protecting the people.

Well, I'm going to do my best to keep things safe for my girls, dog and family. It's so great to have warm weather again. Now, I can start painting (with safe paint) all the worn out from Winter steps and porch. Yah!

Comments

Popular Posts