art blog/site...very cool

Just found this little
  • gem and thought I'd share it with yah. My, oh, my! I love this site. It has all the feel of art with a purpose and meaning. Would I be brave enough to do something as the great
  • Bansky of Britain? I love the concept, the action and the outcome. All were innovative if not a touch arrogant (feels he will inevitably be in the museum, so why wait...this makes me smile). I love it!

    My hubby and I had one such inspiration for an installation at LACMA in Los Angeles, CA. There was this installation by
  • Mike McMillen that dealt with Americana. It was a walk in garage that was like walking into a tomb from Egypt. Very intense and hauntingly poignant. We thought of adding a small squirrel statue, dropped by "accident" perhaps behind some jars or what not. However, we never did do that. We did see various graffiti works (was it part of the original artist concept or was it added later? We do not know) on the walls and other places. This didn't seem so out of place, coming from Los Angeles, graffiti central. In some ways, it's like youth and the people with less voice reaching out to the people who control such arena's like LACMA and most of LA. It felt right.

    Anyway, that was our little bit of graffiti...at least in ideas, anyway.

  • Comments

    Popular Posts