Ah, Monday...

Things are a bit on the wild side today. The roof is being started on and as I write they are tearing off the old, decayed shingles and they are doing a great job. Wow! Exciting!

I was a bit annoyed yesterday as I forgot to save my blog I was working on and lost it when I tried to access it (my computer tends to shut down...rather the internet shuts down and then I have to reboot the thing and it gets ugly). Anyway, I had this great blog/essay I was working on and I lost it. I guess that's a sign to work on it offline first and smooth out the coarse spots.

I notice when I just type a blog out and don't really think about it, I tend to use a careless writing style. I vow to change this! :-)

Yesterday, we, as in I, finally got to the Unitarian meeting. It was the first one I've been to and the 3rd Jon has attended. It was very nice...I was late with the girls. The alarm didn't go off and I had a strange nightmare in the middle of the night. I'll have one every now and then and it will make falling back asleep nearly impossible. I'll have to do something until I either forget or talk about it to Jon...which he usually will put up for 5 minutes before I hear snoring.

Anyway, the dream was about my mom-in-law. It figures. Nothing to horrible just feeling like she's judging me...or rather my inner self is judging me. It's funny how dreams work. I guess I'm my own worst critic. Somehow, writing that makes me feel more relaxed. I sometimes think people are judging me, but I guess it's mostly my self. hmmm

In other news, here's a great website called

  • Are for housewives
    . I love it and check it out when I have a few minutes. There are all sorts of interesting ideas, inspirations and everything. And no, it's not just for housewives, but househusbands, people that are interested in art, etc.

    My sis-in-law came over last night and we had a nice time. She made these grilled cheese sandwiches with sour kraut and roast beef. I think they are called Reuben sandwiches. Very tasty. I didn't realize how nice it is to have someone cook for you. Jon and Julie did the cooking and I fiddled around picking up a few things here and there. Then I confessed to them I hate, hate, hate cleaning! I think it's the worse job in the whole world. Not that I don't appreciate people who have to do it. But if given the choice, I'd most likely not do any cleaning, ever. Just enough to move freely,not get my allergies in a dither and let my kids wallow in filth. That's because I do most of the cleaning. I even told Jon not to stress out too much about finding a decent job, as long as he helped with the house chores, I'd be content. I'm even looking into getting a person to clean for 2 hours a week. Mopping, dusting, bathroom cleaning, etc. I hate it. I feel sorry for people who have to do it. Nobody wants to clean unless they've been really converted into it.

    I'll stop writing about this or else I'm going to defend my slovenly ways. I like being messy and I like keeping things to make things out of. I do throw out stuff on occasion... and there is freecycling.com where you can give things you don't want to people who do need them. It's a good group to recycle stuff and not fill those landfills.

    Also, I'm part of a new co-op in Altoona. A co-op is a group of people who get together to buy foods in bulk (usually organic and healthy foods) and spilt it among each other. We're working with a local PA company called www.frankferd.com It should be interesting.

    One of the best things about the Unitarians is they are firm believers in deeds not creeds. Actions not just words. We're volunteering at the humane society in April and then there is river cleanup a few times through out the next months. Exciting stuff. I wanted to do some of this in LA for this Creative writing group I was involved with. But I never got the chance as I was without wheels or having a partner work nights, you tend to work nights if you're not diligent. So, I'm happy to get together with this group.
  • Comments

    Popular Posts