It's a snowstorm...

At least that's what everyone (my sister-in-law) is saying. And it's starting to look rather snowy out there too. Took the dog out at about 9am and he did his business, so I was pleased. He's getting this annoying habit of barking as soon as I go upstairs. Mind you, I do block his ability to go upstairs. We've had a few accidents, so I don't trust him. Sorry, Mr. Nelson.

Saw the film "Big Fish" by Tim Burton. I really enjoyed and laughed quite a few times. So funny and cute. I just wish I had a relationship like the guy did with his dad in the film. Not quite. Sigh...

My big thing right now is to hunt down publishers to send my book too. It's a children's book and I want to start submitting. I feel good about this. Also, I have several other stories I want to write. These are all for children's book but they will be interesting to pretty much all people, I think...maybe not so much teenagers, but we'll see.

I wanted to the Loobyloo doll/softie of the month but I was way too busy. I feel bad because I had a few cute ideas but just didn't have enough time. Plus, it turns out it was the flu I had as everyone in the family got it too. So, I've been mostly recovering and tending to the ill.

Oh, well there's next month. Plus, it's probably a good idea to do it every other month or I'll get overwhelmed. Better to pace yourself.

My husbands been quoting a lot of Carebears lately. hehehe Stuff like "Slow and steady and that's the truth", "It takes a lot of heart". :-)

We saw the latest Carebear film "Journey to Joke-A-Lot" and let's just say, I'm really glad we rented! It was awful. It couldn't even hold the attention of my 3 and 18 month old. They wandered off and my 18 month old turned off the TV. This says a lot. They kept advertising this cute little song and then when we saw the movie the song was cut short! Annoying! It would have been a cute film if they didn't make all the Carebears so similar and non-descript that you have this bland, boring giggling group of furry bodies. It was really disgusting. The new characters were so hyper and sugar charged you couldn't get to know them or like them. The writing was just awful. At least there is some sort of character development in the original Carebears.

The animation was exciting but if you only have icing and no cake, it's just gonna make you sick after awhile. That's what it felt like. And believe me, I love the Carebears and really liked the old stories as a kid. However, this was just plain awful.

So, we watched Wallace and Gromit. This not only hold the kids attention, it is well written and beautifully animated (claymation=figures are made of clay-type material and freeze framed in each shot to get a continuous motion). We will be renting "Chicken Run" next. I hope Nick Parks makes some more films soon. I love his work. It's painstakingly done and is well worth it.

I need to do some more eBay paintings soon. I usually do animals and things of that nature, but occasionally I do various work that are important to me. I usually sell the original paintings I do. Sometimes, I do sell prints (as in block printing) or actual prints of my work. But most are the actual paintings I do. I work small because it's fun, challenging and it's easier to ship. I don't have anything up right now, but I might put some by next Friday. I'll have at least 5 new paintings up by then. They usually start off rather cheap (9.99 to start). So, if you're interested in my work, let me know and I can send you a heads up as to when they are listed. Again, most are of animals. I had a list of people that were interested in my work, but it was on the other computer and it crashed. So, that stinks. But life is full of surprises.

Hope everyone is staying warm in the cold parts of the world and cool in the warm parts. I must be becoming Pennsylvania...I went outside in a tee-shirt and socks and didn't freeze into pieces. :-) This is a big stuff for a former S. Californian.

Peace and good will to all!
Emily

Comments

Popular Posts