Guess what?

It's cold again. snow...shivery wind...gray skies. yippee...I was tricked by a week of rain, slushy muddy ground and warmer temps thinking Spring was coming early. I was wrong. The only good thing is the ground is frozen again and all the ice melted away and the streets are much safer but not too safe of course (I slipped a little walking Mr. Nelson today). Otherwise, it was all right.

I was going to take the girls out to the library today but just forgot too. Actually, I didn't forget...I just didn't want to because of the cold out there. I was going to go to mommy and me and really did forget (I always remember afterwards, nuts). I guess I'll have to write it down so as not to forget.

I've been focusing on my book. I've finished up the last pages and now am going to scan it with a dpi 300 and work on it from there. I hope this comes out okay. I'm entering it in a contest and then I'm going to send it to publishers.

I've got to do more of my animals, which I love to do. I have been a little lax there as I have been doing so many other projects. The good thing is I seem to be finishing a lot of them.

I wonder if anyone else has this problem. Spending a little too much time reading blogs and peoples websites. Can you blame me? There is some really, really good stuff out there. I mean it's really like candy for the eye. I get inspired and awed so many times, I feel almost overwhelmed. Sometimes it's like visiting 10 different museums in one day and countless galleries. Incredible. And yes, it does take up time but it makes me see the possibilities too. That's the nice thing, there is countless possibilities in art and craft. I once had a professor who said in the art realm (music in his case) there was nothing new to create. Can you believe this? To this day, I think what a limited person he was. Of course, there is always room to create something new and with a twist. It doesn't have to totally original. In other words, originality is taking from the past or present and making some thing out of that. This is really cool as there is an infiniteness to all art.

I sometimes think people get hung up on something within themselves and this inhibits them to go beyond, to the next level of development. It's not a matter of it being bad or good but being stuck. A lot of people are stuck. That sounds funny, doesn't it? I really think that's why we're in the current situation we are in. A lot of people probably should be in some sort of therapy...and not treated with various drugs, necessarily. It's a hard balance but when you think about it, people are extremely complex and to think we are not, is really self reflective.

Comments

Popular Posts