Tuesday...

I actually posted earlier but in the last bit of posting my blog froze up and I lost it all! AH! So, I took that as a sign and didn't do any more blogging or emails.

It's been a fairly good day. I went in for a job interview and got a part-part-time job typing up reports for an architect! Interesting stuff really as he does lots of local work and I have seen the outcome. Things like the duck pond at Penn State Altoona and the track! Neat! I wonder if I can glean different info on what types of trees to plant during the year. Hmmm

So, I'm feeling pretty good. The girls were great today...little rebellions but nothing much. My mom heard Lydia shouting over the phone and recommended The Nanny to me. My sister has done this too. It's a bit annoying as I really don't think there is a problem. Jon has stated otherwise. Am I too flexible? Honestly, Lydia has one had 2 tantrums in the last 2 months. I think that's pretty darn good and normal. The only times are when we are outside in the snow and she doesn't want to come in. She's a good kid.

My mom is sweet, though. I can't complain. She's way over on the West coast and I miss her very much. I haven't seen her in 2 years and I wish I could fly over there tomorrow. I feel sad that she is still struggling. I wish I was really wealthy and have them all live here. I'd buy them a nice house and they could be close by and I'd figure out all my dads problems and resolve that too. I know my dad doesn't like the cold, so this would be a problem.

My sister is coming in July to see us! I am so happy and it's going to be for my birthday and Norries! I cannot describe how happy I will be when I see them all again. Even my brother-in-law, Huan.

I'm also happy because I just got another brain wave for a children's book. Really, making up stories for your kids or other peoples kids is such good inspiration! I've got 3 so far! Just from talking to them. I love it! :-)

Well, it's cold. I think I need a mini-space heater just for under the computer table.

Mr. Nelson got a bath yesterday via me. I have to make an appointment for him at the groomers. He's so much better looking clean. He looks like a fluffy cloud...well, he did until today's adventure of oatmeal. Still, he's mostly soft. His legs were getting gray! He's been sneaking into the basement and unearthing the cat boxes, going into the forbidden coal bin (we've never cleaned it...It's too spooky...we will eventually though) and peeing on the floor down there. Otherwise, he's a good dog. So, I had to clean him and I think he liked it. I might have gotten water in his ear. But I tried to dry it out as best I could. It was a good session.

I'm happy I finally got him washed up. I think he missed the bathes too. When my sis-in-law saw him she called him a little pork chop. Isn't that cute? I liked it so much I've been calling him pork chop whenever I get the chance. Of course, I feel guilty about wanting one, esp. a stuffed pork chop at Dave's Dream. That's really good.

Speaking of eating I've been, it feels, over doing it a bit. Is it the weather or something? It's so odd. I find I can put away a veggie burger, tatter tots and a bowl of oatmeal! Odd, odd, odd. Although, cabbage soup with bits of ham is pretty good with mustard. Jons mom made that last Sunday and it totally overwhelmed the pizza that we ordered.

Everyone is bummed a bit about the Steelers. I'm not a football fan but even I was a little down too. But at least there is another PA team in the superbowl. This is so weird for me to write. Basically, I've gleaned all this stuff from my dad-in-law who actually follows this and gives us reasons as to how teams loss and the strengths of the other team. It's actually pretty interesting to hear him talk about it. Watching is another matter. Although football players do have really nice pecs...hmmm ;-)

Now, I want cabbage soup. My mom-in-law also made this cauliflower and broccoli soup with half&half, salt/pepper, and a bit of flour to thicken. Then she blended it. Oh, that's good!

Speaking of cauliflower and broccoli has anyone seen the broccliflower? It's a strange greenish cauliflower shaped vegetable. I wonder if it's any good. I got one of those creamy white pumpkins and let's just say it ain't a pumpkin unless it's orange. The smell was totally wrong and plastic like! Sometimes the best veggies are the ones the mutated naturally. Even so, I'll try out the broccliflower.



Red Dog
This is something I did as a "first try" with my photoshop. hmmm not a bad start. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts