Snowy Sundays (with some pics!) and Dolls...

I feel so tired lately. It's amazing how different I feel and I think it has to do with vitamins. I took one of those prenatal formulas left over from my last pregnancy. I think it really helped me get moving. The next day I forgot to take one and I was like "I'm just going to lay here and to heck with the hardened play dough on the carpet and the layers of popcorn." Actually, that stuff did annoy me and I had bursts of crazy rage...I yelled at my kids! I couldn't believe it. I must have been tired, really tired. The last time I felt like this was when I took some cheapy allergy drugs and had a big drink of regular coffee. Let's just say I thought I was going mad. It was awful. I was hyper, paranoid and my heart was beating to some unseen drummer. Thank the stars I found Clariton. No side effects and 1 pill is good for 2-3 days for me.

That's pretty much it for the chemicals I use to stay normal. I do have migraines on occasion and they, I'm pretty sure, are allergy related.

In other news, we survived the big snowstorm. I wonder how everyone else faired? It wasn't as bad as the weather people said. Of course, my husband Jon, really dismissed it all and went to the market at night. He came back and he was all wide eyed and said, "You know it's actually kind of bad out there. The snow was really coming down..." I just looked at him and shook my head. It wasn't my idea for him to go. Anyway, I warmed up his half frozen face and watched as big bright pink patches appeared on his cheeks. He looked like a little boy with a beard. So cute!

I think I may have slight cabin fever because I started cleaning out bunches of stuff and it seems there are so many cobwebs but I never see the spiders, thankfully. Actually, these are little spiders that eat dust mites. Scientists actually have studied this and wondered how these little spiders survived. It's funny because I have always assumed they ate dust mites. I must be a genius! :-)
Oh, and for the record DON'T ever do a search for dust mites and spiders unless you want to get all this fascinating and disgusting information of all the small and unseen buggies on you body, home and pets. It's can be a bit upsetting to say the least. Here's a pic of a dust mite:Yikes!

One of the interesting things about a blizzard is the snow and wind really blows quite intensely. We have old windows in this house covered in old paint (lead). And most of these old windows are covered in plastic right now. I looked out the only windows that are covered and the warmest room in house to stare in amazement as the wind and snow swirled by and to my great surprise there was snow on the window ledge. No our window didn't break. Snow was coming up through the old pulleys on the window! So we stuffed towels on the edge and we're planning to get more plastic for these windows now. I was quite shocked to see that. I'm so glad we're getting new windows. It's just not soon enough.

  • From K. LemieuxThis sums up my feelings for the year to come. It's so true that we think we need to disappear and our lives will magically become perfect. Why is that? I've been going through a lot of emotional feelings about being trimmer and thinking this will make me happier...but it wouldn't really. I think a lot of the times people mistake physical for mental happiness. I'm not talking about health here. In other words, if you want to walk for miles around and you can only make it to the driveway, it's time to start walking. What I'm talking about is the lies we accept from commercial industries. These commercial venues are only out for 1 thing: our money.

    It seems like these venues care about us, don't they? I mean look at the magazines for women and you'll see all those wonderful articles on how to stay trim, lose 10 pounds before Easter, and they'll show you perfectly normal looking women with a slight tummy bulge and Now look at her! It's about being looked at instead of listened to. It's about the eye of the beholder not about who you are or what you think or what makes you real. It's stuff like this that makes us think it's abnormal to have tummy fat after you've given birth or even if you've never had a baby. It's stuff like that which takes away our voices and makes us into packages easily sold and bought for...Essentially dolls. Do you want to be a doll? Cut off your tummy fat, burn off those unseemly pads in your legs and butt and once you're skinny we'll pump up your body into a plastic doll. Scary. Very scary. And the ultimate consumerism. Like I said earlier, this is not about people that really need this treatment (like burn victims, natural birth defects, etc). It's sad to see people who are perfectly normal and beautiful think they need to do this stuff. And yes, I'm one of them too. How many products have I bought to color my hair and remove hair off my upper lip. And I'm going to keep doing that too. And I plan on being healthier by walking more and eating less sugar. But that's about as far as I'm willing to go. Why? Because I have two daughters and I want them to have a mommy who's healthy and into life not watching life from the couch or computer chair...hehehe
    Here are some normal people from the photography of
  • From Laurie Toby Edison and
  • I like her work as it makes the eye adjust (and perhaps our misconceptions)to what is the human body and the real beauty of everyone. Her work on men is fascinating too.

    Well, I've blabbed enough. I hope the snow is snowman worthy. Oh, and one last thing, if you've never done it, you should: Midnight sledding. This is my secret to sanity. When the kids are all tucked in Jon and I sneak outside and sled to our hearts delight down the side hill by our house. This is what keeps mom's sane. Try it! So you'll be a little sore in the morning and tired. That's what weekends are for! :-)

  • Comments

    Popular Posts