Just walked the dog

came back inside. It's a nice day. Do I dare, dare take my girls outside and have them have me pull them 20 times around in the sled? And then have a melt down (my girls, not me) when we are going to go back inside? Do I dare do this? Sigh...

This is my big dilemma of the day. Gorgeous winter weather and sunny skies, freshly fallen snow...the benefits are they will be really tired when we come back in. So maybe I will. I forgot to mention I'd have my 9 month old puppy (say hyper, hyper, hyper!) with us. I had to tie him to the railing the other day so he wouldn't keep snatching off the girls mittens. Norrie was having a tough time as hers are attached to her snow suit and she was dragged a bit. Believe me our dog is not big (bichon) and it looks rather comical...not to the baby of course. How do you train a dog not to do this? I think I know...I'll put some of that bitter stuff on it...maybe on mine only (don't want the girls to get that on them).

Anyway, I need to take the camera out with me. It is so gorgeous. Lots of reflected light from the snow and everything feels bright and cheerful. I'm so glad we got snow late this year. I think it's depressing to have too much snow, really. One good thing about having a dog is they draw you outside...even if you don't want to go. Kids do the same thing...only with cuteness. Lately, Lydia has been saying "I love you mommy" to appease the giants (mom and dad). Last night, she got angry and said in an angry voice "I...love...you...mommy." It was really funny.

I've been viewing various blogs and saw a few annoying ones. I'm going to probably rant a bit here, so watch out. I don't think making fun of heavy people is a nice thing or a cool thing to do. It's annoying, rude and really immature. I could easily draw or write about skinny people or the problems skinny people have, but I don't. Really. I think it's fine to make fun of your self, if you're skinny or heavy, but if you are not heavy or skinny, it's stinks. Even if you were once heavy or skinny, I think it's rude. Why? Because I believe one has to be in that situation to see the humor of it. Would we make fun of poverty stricken people because we were once poor, or would we make fun of the ill because we were once ill? I don't think so. And if we did it would be in poor taste. That's what it comes down to, poor taste.

I guess I'm annoyed at this particular cartoon I saw (I'm not going to post it because it's just one of many out there). It basically said because this person is heavy they don't have balance. Actually, the truth would be an inner ear infection which causes the person to have problems with their equilibrium. But that wouldn't have been so funny, would it? Why? Because it's an illness. Interesting. It's like how people would talk about weasels and say those crazy weasels. And there is that song that goes "Pop goes the weasel." Well, it turns out that weasels actually do have an illness caused by round worm (destroys the brain). http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0GVK/is_4_8/ai_86041039
So, it's not so funny when you think about the truth of the matter. Of course, I'm one for humor. I love humorous stories and parodies and silly antics. So, I'm not humorless...maybe I'm humor conscious. ;-)

Comments

Popular Posts