Headaches...

I've got one and it's a big one. I have a bad feeling it's actually an ear ache. My ear (left side) has been feeling stuffed and then I have this pressure in my head like a sinus thing and I feel dizzy. I'm sure it's ear related. Plus, I took my ear temp and it's 99.8 in my sore ear. My nephew has an ear ache and that's how they could tell he had a problem...the temperature. I think I'll have to go to the clinic tomorrow or this week for a doctors visit. Ugh.

In other news, it's a bit of snow again. The last time it turned to mush! Ha! Now, I think snow is going to get it's revenge. Sigh...

I wish I had more time. I guess a lot of people feel this way, but I really, really do. I don't watch any TV now so I know I'm not wasting any time doing that. It's very liberating. But I do wish I had more time...maybe if I slept less and didn't do some much internet? Nah...

Anyway, Mr. Nelson is doing good. I found out I that there is a Dremel type nail filer to use on their nails. I wonder if I could use my Dremel on his nails. I think I'll give it a try. He doesn't like the hair dryers so I'm not sure about the noise.

Lately, I've been experimenting with linoleum cuttings. I love it! Unfortunately, I've gashed my hands a few times. Not pretty...and painful. I need to wear gloves. I think I'll check out some books from the library on the subject for pointers. I'll post asap.

Anyway, we're off to the market in a "blizzard". It feels like one anyway. Thank goodness for down coats and warm husbands/lovers to cuddle with. hehehe

We went to the movies for the first time in 2 years. My hubby goes, "Emily, we've been to the movies more than that." Me: Jon, no we haven't. Jon: Yes, we have...when you were pregnant with Lydia. We saw Lord of the Rings. Me: And Lydia is going to be 3 pretty soon...Jon: It can't be that long. Me: Oh, yes it has.

Now, don't get me wrong. It's not like I'm this big movie theater lover. I personally think the whole thing is over rated (7.50! For a movie?!?) and usually will go and rent the VHS. Lately, however everything is turning into DVD nightmares and even that is getting ridiculous. I don't have a DVD player and really, I don't want one. Another crappy thing to stick on your TV and sit in front of the tube. But back to my movie point...I do like to occasionally go out to movies and it seems a Wednesday night is the best thing for this. On lines, maybe something like 10 people in the theater with you and it's nice to have the place "to your self". So, we had a good time.

What we saw:
  • Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou. This is a good film for those who loved
  • Jacques Cousteau(such as my self) and the mockumentary (me again). Bill Murray was great and touching. I loved his portrayal of an aging has been adventurer. I liked that he looks like my dad with his beard, was low key about his lines and there is the great scene where he fights for his boat back. Love it! I thought the writing of the story line was interesting and it had a nice blend of truth and whimsy within. The characters had a realness to them that so many movies can't grasp. It was interesting to see people as people and not labels. Beautifully done.
    Oh, and I really dig the soundtrack.

    Most people won't get some of the humor, I think, mainly because it's a good blend of the real and whimsy but if people watch the film and keep in mind a lot of it is tongue in cheek, they'll have a good time. You gotta love those candy crabs...hehehe

    Other junk I've done, we rearranged our living room only to find that it was looked very wrong. So we moved everything back (found most of the missing dog toys, kid stuff and a very foul smelling baby bottle)moved the little rugs a different way and low and behold it looked 1000 times better. Who'd a thought...I guess rearranging the living room at 2:30am does that to you. :)

    Other than that this week has been low key. Well, there was the doctors visit for Lydia but that went smoothly (thank the stars, I had both girls with me.At one point Norrie started wandering out of the office but other wise okay). We went to Weis Market (Weis means white in German...considering this is a very Germanic place especially with the Amish, this is not surprising. But it was to me considering I was familiar with an array of Mexican and Spanish last names...as well as Asian, Bulgarian and Armenian. Boy, California has variety...which I miss greatly). Got some good specials and I found a mix for Falafel mix! Wow! I'm excited. I'm glad I found that. Plus, they had matzo ball soup. Love that! Might be a tad too salty but I'll reduce that since I make it my self. Yum!

    Well, I think I'll go lie down and rest. I hope this ear thing goes away but a doctors seems inevitable.:( oh, well
  • Comments

    Popular Posts