Frivolous stuff that keeps me sane...

Well, my cat and dog got into last night and so did my hand. I have a huge scratch on my hand that was meant for Mr. Nelson. It still stings; nothing major but it looks angry.

We trotted over to Target and hit a big 75% sale of x-mas goodies. My favorite thing to find! Plus, we had a $50 gift certificate. We splurges on socks for all, long undies, and I finally got the stocking holders I've thought about getting for the last 3 years or so (for an amazingly reduced price of $6.50!).

And yet, all this stuff, just reminds me of my fortunate state, my shallowness, my greed, my ability to have what others lack.

I have these feelings of having so much and at the same time so little power to do anything truly humanitarian...like volunteering in Sumatra. I'm an at home mom with a 2 year old and 1 year old. All I can do, is for them. Is this selfish? I guess this is normal to feel.

I donated to my favorite organization: habitat Humanity. I'm seriously thinking of volunteering there in the future. One person I admire totally is Jimmy Carter. I have yet to read his book, but from what I've gleaned from observations of him, he is truly a good person. My second daughter is named (somewhat by accident) Eleanor Rosalind. I feel good about that.

And I'm depressed about my family in California. I know they are plugging along at their speed but my mom has still to reunite with my sister and my dad...He needs to let go of so much.

And then there's this craziness with my job situation. Do I attract cruelty in people or something? I know I'm tall and chubby but does that mean people can treat me poorly? Is it about that? Honestly, the person that treated me like that. I can only say they are mentally ill. Professional and kind people don't cut people to bits for their ego (and I have a feeling it was about that). The most horrible part is this is a person in education. This person is probably the least educated person I have ever run in to. Amazing.

Okay, I got that out. I feel a bit better. I think there is truth about it raining too much. I really feel like I've moved to Seattle, Wash. I love the rain but really! Sigh...

Well, my little monkeys are waking up. These are the guys that make me insane and keep me sane. Do I love them? Beyond all that matters materially and as many have done in Sri Lanka and the surrounding areas, would give up everything for them.

Comments

Popular Posts