Words cannot describe...

what people are suffering in Asia, Thailand, Sri Lanka, and really the world. I know most of us have donated and I know that will help a little.

What I believe this Tsunami is telling us is we need to stop fighting amongst each other and focus on helping each other. There is no reason to be in a war. My God! There is natural disaster to survive and help each other to survive.

I was really saddened to learn that if there had been the Mangroove trees (they were chopped down to create shrimp farms for cheap shrimp) the human cost would have been a lot less. Why are we so greedy? Why do we allow people to be greedy? Didn't the parents of the greedy people say, hey, you need to share your toys and not hog up everything? I mean, my parents did that with me and my 3 siblings. Some people would argue and say, "it's not that easy. There are complicated issues..." Yeah, right. It's about greed and it's about those that Have and those that Don't Have. In this case, those that have said, I don't want any Mangroove trees to get in the way of my cheap shrimp and to hell with those who tell me otherwise.

Am I being judgemental? Hell, yes. This is wrong. This is so wrong...and like it or not this is what environmental genicide looks like. This is why we need to be concerned about trees, water, pollution, melting ice caps, etc. I mean in Washinton DC the river is turning up male fish that have eggs!!! What in the world? Cancer is spreading to humans along the waters edge. Yes, I'm concerned and a whole lot of other people ought to be too. This is wrong.

As the
  • Lorax by Dr. Seuss would say, " Mister!...I am the Lorax. I speak for the trees.I speak for the trees, for the trees have no tongues.And I´m asking you, sir, at the top of my lungs...What´s that THING you´ve made out of my Truffula tuft?" In this case, they made shrimp farms.



  • Comments

    Anonymous said…
    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    Popular Posts